Doh Bluetooth install

I bought a Plug and Play Bluetooth kit from Ebay

Rather than following the wiring details on octavia-vrs.com you get a connector that plugs into the existing loom then a new connector that plugs into the RNS 510

A word of warning i started at the Bluetooth box end and get to the radio and the holes are not big enough for one of the connectors to pass through :(

My own stupid fault!!!

I thin kthe options are

1.) Take out 3 or 4 pins from one of the connectors put behind the dash and reconnect

(dont like taking stuff out of connector blocks though in case they break)

2.)Take out everything I have done

(My fingers are red raw from threading cabling and looms) :(

3.) Make th hole at the back of the dash a bit bigger with a blade of some sort (Hmm maybe not)

Do it properly running three wires (live, switched live and ground) from the fuse box area to the kit and run the audio out wires to the head unit using the correct skoda green connector block and wires. (Cheap parts from the dealer)

It's the only way to get it right and not have vibrating cables and other issues. You would need to run a switched live anyway.

Are there issues with the plug and play looms?

They are similar to the looms you get with the Video in motion kits

I would imagine they are taking the three wires from the head unit and sending then to the BT and then the audio wires come back on the green plug and into the RNS 510

Shame I started it at the wrong end or I would have been fine hopefully

I have managed to get it in by fluke I think in the space on the right had side of the radio.

It works great with the RNS 510 great straightaway but it needs coding for the MFD I think

Can anyone give me 5 mins of VAG COM near Wigan????

Just need to refit the lower dash section and its finished,

The loom you get is pre wired and plug and play only downside is they are a bit bulky but then they have to accommodate the oem one so not much they can do