Need Advice/Help on buying an Octavia

Hi guys after much thinking and debating ive set my mind on the Skoda Octavia, because of the engine and its somthing different, however after a good few months searching for the perfect one Ive came across one but I need to know if its legit, basically its a white 1.9 TDI classic '07, however the inside of this car is the same as pre '94 (The old style) and just wanting to be cautious would like to know if the new octavias ('07 for example) could still be made with the old inside, thus being a legit buy...

Thanks for your time any response would be helpful and much appreciated.

Dave

AFAIK they carried on with the mk1 shape for taxis so it is most likely either an ex-taxi or occasionally they car be private. I beleive they did a VRS styled diesel as well

Damn it I am to slow at this :rofl:

So I'd imagine they would have the same interior as the older Mk1s?

In that case it sounds like a genuine car.

If the interior is a bit naff then it can be replaced with the interior from a higher spec Mk1 like an L&K or Elegance.

Thanks for the replys guys, Im pretty sure its a mark 1 being the old style and have only just found out they have still been making the mark 1 till the beggining of '09 which suprised me, appranatly this car used to be a rep car or somthing similar so its looking hopefull, only problem is that it has no air con, but it only adds up on the bill anyway, here are some pics...(you'll see what I mean by the inside being oldish looking for being an '07)

Imageshack - skodaoct1

Imageshack - skodaoct2

How can you externally tell the difference between the A4 and A5?

Cheers guys,

Dave

• 5 weeks later...
apparantly 40k

IMO this has been a taxi or private hire and somebody has given the mileage a short back and sides!!

My pennies worth is "run away" and keep an eye on ebay for a high mileage elegence, chances are it'll have been a fleet car and been well maintained.

Hope this helps,

Colin.