Service Message Flashing!

I have just had my 02 Octy VRS Serviced by my local garage and they are telling me I have to go back to Skoda and get them to reset the service interval so the warning stops flashing at me every time I start the car!

Is there a way I can do it without having to go to a Skoda or Volkswagen dealership?

Think they usually charge you obscene amounts of money to do it!

Cheers

Variable or fixed 10K intervals.

If you are on fixed intervals then instructions on how to reset the service indicator using the trip reset button are in the owners manual. If you are on variable then its a dealer visit (which they will charge for), or a someone with VAG-COM.

Find a friendly Briskodian near to you with VAG-COM software and a laptop, it takes a couple of mins to reset it. I believe the accepted currency is of a liquid type.

Also a total system scan might be useful, this takes about 5 mins to run, get the file copied onto a memory stick, bung it onto your computer, print out, attach to your car record, sorted!!!.

Peter