First impressions of vRS

Hi all, went out and about today looking at vRSs (FL). Ok, good points first:

Liked the boot size, seats are nice and liked the materials (is it real leather?). The stereo and the AC controls all looked nice and liked the alloys and also the headroom seemed good. Nice details on the peddles and I liked the quality of the switching and details on the arm rest and centre console.

Stuff I did'nt like were, cheap interior drivers handle, prod the dash surround and the dials all start moving! :eek: :eek: :eek: (all vRSs seemed to do this). Arm rest gets in the way of handbrake. Xenons should really be standard on a car of this price. Found the glovebox felt cheap and the SE badge seemed to be peeling off on one car.

So its swings and roundabouts but I do have some concerns over the trim quality in some areas but over all the attention to detail seemed pretty good.

Found the glovebox felt cheap and the SE badge seemed to be peeling off on one car.

SE badge on a FL?

Is it a special edition or is it a facelift?

The top of the arm rest slides back and forth ;)

Yea but im damned if im going to slide the arm-rest back and forwards everytime i get to a set of traffic lights :P i guess i'll continue to use it for nice air-conditioned beverages :)

It was a SE that I saw, not sure if it was a FL SE or the plain SE but anyway, the badge was almost all coming off which does'nt help! This was a new car in a showroom.

It was a SE that I saw, not sure if it was a FL SE or the plain SE but anyway, the badge was almost all coming off which does'nt help! This was a new car in a showroom.

There isn't a FL SE.

Yes there is! but its not a vRS its the Ambient rebadged

Yeah but the thread is titled "First impressions of vRS" so people are a bit unsure of which trim spec of the Octavia the OP is actually discussing.

Yeah but the thread is titled "First impressions of vRS" so people are a bit unsure of which trim spec of the Octavia the OP is actually discussing.

True, and other people are getting the SE (which is an FL) mixed up with the LE! Acronym's, no wonder there is confusion:rolleyes:

I saw the FL VRS last week. Was given to a colleague as a courtesy car. The front does look better with the new sweeping headlights, new grill and (this one had) LED daytime running lights. Although there are exterior changes elsewhere, you would hardly notice the difference.