Right door mirror does not dim

Hello,

I cannot find an appropriate topic for the below issue, so I have posted a new one. Sorry, if there is one I overlooked, after all.

I have a new Octavia Elegance which I ordered with electronically adjustable, heated and foldable door mirrors. They are _supposed to dim automatically_ (mfg. code: PW3).

My dealer ordered the car with the necessary code and was given the internal Skoda invoice with this very code shown on it as well. The boot sticker and the servicing register sticker do not have it printed.

On my first night drive, I noticed that only the left door mirror and the inside rear view mirror dim automatically. The national VAG distributor told me this was normal, as from May 2009 on only the left door mirror can be equipped with the auto dimming feature (also went to a garage to have it checked, and they said the right door mirror did not even have the necessary cabling and gadgets).

Does anyone have auto dim door mirrors on a May-July 2009 Octy?

Do both of them dim?

If not, can the right one be retrofitted?

Is Skoda accountable for this defect?

(They probably will offer me free accessories or a service free of charge, if I agree.)

Thanks

Hello,

I cannot find an appropriate topic for the below issue, so I have posted a new one. Sorry, if there is one I overlooked, after all.

I have a new Octavia Elegance which I ordered with electronically adjustable, heated and foldable door mirrors. They are _supposed to dim automatically_ (mfg. code: PW3).

My dealer ordered the car with the necessary code and was given the internal Skoda invoice with this very code shown on it as well. The boot sticker and the servicing register sticker do not have it printed.

On my first night drive, I noticed that only the left door mirror and the inside rear view mirror dim automatically. The national VAG distributor told me this was normal, as from May 2009 on only the left door mirror can be equipped with the auto dimming feature (also went to a garage to have it checked, and they said the right door mirror did not even have the necessary cabling and gadgets).

Does anyone have auto dim door mirrors on a May-July 2009 Octy?

Do both of them dim?

If not, can the right one be retrofitted?

Is Skoda accountable for this defect?

(They probably will offer me free accessories or a service free of charge, if I agree.)

Thanks

They are supposed to work in conjunction with the interior rear view mirror - that is they all dim together. I have the auto dim interior mirror but my door mirrors do not dim with it.

Yet another VAGcom fix me thinks?

The list grows, DRL's, dimming door mirrors, coming home/ leaving lights - what's next :confused:

I think this has nothing to do with VAGCom. Skoda simply put the wrong mirror plate and/or mechanism to the right mirror case. Even its (green-in-dark) plate "foil" is missing.

Both of them fold in, however.

I think this has nothing to do with VAGCom. Skoda simply put the wrong mirror plate and/or mechanism to the right mirror case. Even its (green-in-dark) plate "foil" is missing.

Both of them fold in, however.

Mine fold in OK either via the door switch or by holding down the key fob's lock button. Must check the door mirrors again to confirm they are dimming or not in conjunction with the interior mirror. Too much daylight driving this time of the year.

Is yours UK spec. or was it purchased in Hungary?

Mine fold in OK either via the door switch or by holding down the key fob's lock button. Must check the door mirrors again to confirm they are dimming or not in conjunction with the interior mirror. Too much daylight driving this time of the year.

Is yours UK spec. or was it purchased in Hungary?

Thanks for all your answers. :)

Mine is a HU spec purchased in Hungary (ordered 30 May, delivery and first drive-home 18 July). I live in Budapest.

It is strange though, that the HU Skoda configurator still offers dimming door mirrors (plural), while the UK configurator has no mention of them. The only dimming bit there is the "Auto dimming rear view mirror with rain sensor". Must be more up to date than its HU equivalent.

I have just had a look at the UK "Build your own" feature and can see several differences between the very same trim levels (Elegance UK and Elegance HU). Some items included there, others missing and vice versa. For instance you pay extra for curtain airbags but not for the Bolero option. Hm, weird.