Cancel your Orange contract!

Gillywibble

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked with Orange and they will credit my account with the funds to settle the remainder of my contract once I use the PAC code.

It will not affect me taking a new contract with them because the old account will have been settled. Be sure to take the name and number of the person you speak to though, just incase.

saw this post last night and thought hmm ive got 3 months left lets see if it works.

Called them and said im not happy that i need to pay 15p per mob call, he advised if can do anything better i just said i would like get a sim package on 02 as i dont like long contracts anymore.

He they advised you will have your pac code in 2 days and ur notice will apply from the using the code.

and i dont have to pay the remainder of the contact out.

Cheers Gillywibble for the post:thumbup:

Sooo... do the new T&Cs already apply to you from the date you signed? :confused:

If they don't, you can get out of your contract now...

I would imagine so, I will check though. I upgraded when I got this new contract so i dont know if that will make any difference.

I've been on an Orange contract since October, but I've had NO signal at home or in Stornoway for coming up on 3 weeks now. I was able to use my phone on the mainland last week, thought 'Surely they'll have it fixed by the time I get back'...apparently not. My phone is cuurrently nothing more than a camera with a clock.

Seems like a pretty damned good reason to cancel :mad:

Would I be able to port the number over to, say, a Vodafone contract easily enough?

Yup, just be sure to ask for your PAC code. Then go to vodafone and get a new contract,

Although there are better deals out there than on Voda....

Thanks for that, guess it's time for me to do some shopping around then!

I cancelled mine yesterday... didnt give any info, not bothered about PAC code as dont want to keep my number. remember to cancel your direct debits though incase they take money out anyway!

speaking to them at the mo, they are saying that because I have not gone anywhere near my allowance over the last 3 months i am not likley to in the future and therefore they will not cancel. I explainded the clause that it is MY RIGHT to increase my usage if I choose to in the future and they said their legal department has instructed them that they WILL win any court cases in this repect.

Anyone else had this answer recently??:mad:

They won't even put me through to a superviser...

speaking to them at the mo, they are saying that because I have not gone anywhere near my allowance over the last 3 months i am not likley to in the future and therefore they will not cancel. I explainded the clause that it is MY RIGHT to increase my usage if I choose to in the future and they said their legal department has instructed them that they WILL win any court cases in this repect.

You wish to cancel due to the changes in *some* numbers wont be included in your minutes, and some of these numbers may now cost you more. Plus data charges etc etc.

If the get arsey, then Contact the executive office. SMS may be able to give you some tips if you get stuck with them ;)

Just ring back and try again.

Apparently some of the Customer Services staff are a bit keener than others.

Its useful to read the link that Gilly posted in the original post - Cancelling your Orange contract - a troubleshooting guide | BitterWallet - and have it to hand when you call. If you start quoting the specific contractual terms to them I think they will realise that you know what you're talking about. Clause 4.3 appears to be the one that applies in your case.

Just ring back and try again.

Apparently some of the Customer Services staff are a bit keener than others.

Its useful to read the link that Gilly posted in the original post - Cancelling your Orange contract - a troubleshooting guide | BitterWallet - and have it to hand when you call. If you start quoting the specific contractual terms to them I think they will realise that you know what you're talking about. Clause 4.3 appears to be the one that applies in your case.

thanks Andy,

I read clause 4.3 out to him at least four times; and he kept going back to the "our legal team are confident that we will win any court cases based on this paragraph..."

Think I will try again:thumbup:

Orange used to be a great brand. Until October last year I had used them alone for my personal phones, as had SWMBO. We both jumped ship to Tmobile and watched our bills drop!

But the packages are crap compared to others, and customer service is pants. France Telecom have let the company go down the pan. Both Mobile and Broadband arms are loosing customers rapidly to other networks as a result.

They offer unlimited this and that, but how much of it do you actually use? Their data offerings are the worst in the business, and the highest of all the networks now.

For what I paid on Dolphin 35 (bill was around £50/month), I get upto 900 minutes and 900 texts (or any mix of) PLUS unlimited data for £30/month. No contest in my case.

Cancelled my contract yesterday. They said they will only cancel contracts if you have used 0800 numbers or have previously gone over your bundle mins, luckily I did go over a couple of times so not an issue for me.

PAC on its way and only 5 months in on a 24 month contract:rofl:

Thanks for the heads up gillywibble:thumbup:

Orange used to be a great brand. Until October last year I had used them alone for my personal phones, as had SWMBO. We both jumped ship to Tmobile and watched our bills drop!

But the packages are crap compared to others, and customer service is pants. France Telecom have let the company go down the pan. Both Mobile and Broadband arms are loosing customers rapidly to other networks as a result.

They offer unlimited this and that, but how much of it do you actually use? Their data offerings are the worst in the business, and the highest of all the networks now.

For what I paid on Dolphin 35 (bill was around £50/month), I get upto 900 minutes and 900 texts (or any mix of) PLUS unlimited data for £30/month. No contest in my case.

Did you not get free broadband off them included?

Cancelled my contract yesterday. They said they will only cancel contracts if you have used 0800 numbers or have previously gone over your bundle mins, luckily I did go over a couple of times so not an issue for me.

PAC on its way and only 5 months in on a 24 month contract:rofl:

Thanks for the heads up gillywibble:thumbup:

24 months :eek:

WTF would you have signed up to a stupidly long contract for?

Did you not get free broadband off them included?

I have unlimited for £5/month even after leaving them :rofl:

But that isnt worth paying over the odds for a mobile contract in the first place.

Latest news: Orange are no longer proceeding with changes to call charges and cancellation is off.

Source.

Quel suprise.

They are also, I hear, changing their terms so you cannot end a contract early and take out another one within 6 months with them without paying the termination fees on the original contract.

Which every other network has done for years. You cant end a contract claiming you dont agree with the changes, then take out a contract that locks you into said contract terms :rolleyes:

Other Mobile op's are doing the same - they have been up to it for years.

Mine sent me a card yesterday stating that minimum call charge is for one minute - but the internet browsing rate has gone down....

So if I dial an incorrect number I am charged for 60 seconds - this is taken from my allowance.

Not in this update but I know of one operator on certain tariff's charging 40p per minute for 0800 numbers!

Read your T's & C's - you may be surprised.

Other Mobile op's are doing the same - they have been up to it for years.

Mine sent me a card yesterday stating that minimum call charge is for one minute - but the internet browsing rate has gone down....

So if I dial an incorrect number I am charged for 60 seconds - this is taken from my allowance.

Not in this update but I know of one operator on certain tariff's charging 40p per minute for 0800 numbers!

Read your T's & C's - you may be surprised.

The 0800 charges from mobile companies is nothing more then disgusting, the connection charge costs the operator in real terms less then 0.01p (not 1p, 0.01p)

Remember you can still use SAYNOTO0870 to find land-line numbers for 0800, which may be cheaper.

I rang up this morning with the sole intention of cancelling and now I have a new 18 month contract. :o

The thing is theyre sending a new phone which is worse than my old one so can i just sell the new phone and keep using my old one or do I need to use the new phone sim or something.

I think they told me but i was at work so didnt pay great attention. I'm sure they said I had to ring using the new phone and ask to keep my number as before so makes me wonder if the old sim will become redundant.

I rang up this morning with the sole intention of cancelling and now I have a new 18 month contract. :o

The thing is theyre sending a new phone which is worse than my old one so can i just sell the new phone and keep using my old one or do I need to use the new phone sim or something.

I think they told me but i was at work so didnt pay great attention. I'm sure they said I had to ring using the new phone and ask to keep my number as before so makes me wonder if the old sim will become redundant.

The more important question is, will your old phone last another 18 months? If its an upgrade you can use the same sim, if a new contract with the same company it will be another sim and a new number (pac code can not be used)

The more important question is, will your old phone last another 18 months? If its an upgrade you can use the same sim, if a new contract with the same company it will be another sim and a new number (pac code can not be used)

Thats a good point. It was an expensive phone but i suppose that doesnt mean much when it comes to reliability. As for whether its the same contract or not i dont know.

A phone call to orange may be my best bet. :thumbup: