whats the difference

I need too get new tyres and my currents tyres are 225/45/17 y rated but the ones I can get cheap are w rated. I have a 05 1.9 pd 105. I don't see why I would need anything above w rated tyres but not sure how this would be legally. any comments welcome.

rgds..

Cheers Manny, will have to check the 2 dunlops on front as its the kumos on the rear that I am replacing. I have never had as many punctures on a tyre as I have on the kumos.

cheers...

Rob..

Might want to look at this place, dont fit them at the internet price but you do seem to save more by buying them from places like this and getting them fitted.

As an example, i was looking at fitting these to my previous car and the best i could get fitted was £121 per tyre. I could buy a full set and get someone like Gordons tyres (local to Wakefield area) to fit them for £20 for 4 tyres.

Tyremen - 225/45R17 (94Y) Vredestein Sessanta XL

On the contrary, the speed ratings [and load index] need to be as the manufacturers recommendation.

These have always been way above the maximum vehicle speed. Numerous tales on forums and magazines where drivers have run into problems.You may ,at least, have to inform your insurance company that tyres are not oe specification.

Seems absurd I know.

My new Octavia does not give any details about the summer tyre specifications or ratings in the handbook. The oe tyres fitted are to a W speed rating and 91 load index.