Nope MPI is only in the Felicia's from around 1998 onwards. Extra weight will increase fuel consumption somewhat, although mine (see icon below) seems to compare quite favourably to those with hatchbacks on here who keep track of MPG using same site.

Yep, single point injection (SPI) on the '93 Favorits.

I doubt you'd notice the difference in fuel consumption. Tyre pressures, engine servicing and driving style are much more important. :)

My Favorit has surprised a lot of people :D

I see about 40mpg well about a bit under......

It has a few niggles and a few bita and pieces I need to get round to fixing in....

Apart from that I love the little thing and wouldn't dream of changing it for quite some time.

Back to topic all Favorits with the "i" are the SPI engine. Watch the fuel pump doesn't die!!!

The pics make it look like a clean car. What's the interior like?

And dont forget it's Bertone designed!!! in case you want to impress some ladies ;)

thankx for the replies guys. I have a favorit myself, and love it to bits, the only downfall is that its the carb version, and I really need a clean one with a good engine.

so what do you guys think? is it worth ging to look at this forman?

the things that are bothering me are the fuel consumption and when its comes to parking it:S

Fuel consumption should be ok so long as you don't have the boot full etc. Parking isn't as difficult as you might think - I was worried a little at first as mine is my first car (the Favorit Estate is called Forman in other countries). It has exactly the same wheelbase and turning circle as the hatchback, just it has an extra foot or so hanging off the back :) I admit to hitting something once reversing into a parking space but it was just one of those things they put around lamp posts to protect them in car parks and I caused no damage - I couldn't see it as it was low down and there was no warning sign. Was terrified I had hit the car behind me at first but I was nowhere near it. You'll get used to it eventually. Most big saloon cars (Skoda Superb, VW Passat etc) are probably longer than a Favorit estate anyway.

hmmm ic. well I have no problem at all to drive like a nan lol.

but seeing that it has more weight, it wont hold much of the gears, meaning that I have to drive in a lower gear, resulting in more fuel consumption??

Gear ratios are slightly different in the estate. But I can cruise along quite happily at 20mph in 3rd, 30mph in 4th, and 40mph in 5th.

More weight? Not that much more I expect!!

But if you need us to convince you to go have a look you prob have made up your mind anyway.

I have been driving a Passat around and it is slightly bigger than a Fav estate and not as nimble. A small estate is comparable to say.....a family hatchback. the Kia Rio looks around the same size but you get used to driving larger stuff.

I think in some other countries they hard carbs instead of injection. I am guessing injection was only added to please the Governments of certain countries as this meant they could sell the cars legally. AFAIK if it has an i in the model number it should be an injection model.