REVO VRS CR 170 Remap

Yes there is a charge as I checked this a couple of weeks ago. I've got the stage 1 map, about 10 months old now, and they want £50 for the stage 2.

Shame really as I had assumed this was free since buying it :rofl:

Yes there is a charge as I checked this a couple of weeks ago. I've got the stage 1 map, about 10 months old now, and they want £50 for the stage 2.

Shame really as I had assumed this was free since buying it :rofl:

They need to manually intervene with a stage 2 map to take into account your specific modifications - I suppose this is more hassle for them, hence the charge?

when you change car (if it's standard) all they have to do is reset the handset which takes seconds as the rest of the process is automated for 95% of cars. I know all this because I went to a rolling road day at Superchips HQ and bought a Bluefin whilst there, the guys were very helpfull and explained it all to me.

Interesting info on the 12 months thing, cheers fellas.

No worries,

I'd thoroughly recommend Bluefin, relatively cheap for what you get and very cost effective if you change cars regularly.

I wouldn't get drawn into the power claims made by different tuners and wouldn't buy on this basis.

I've now experienced Revo, Chipped Uk, Jabba and Superchips and in all cases the cars in question where transformed.

Jabba was the best but this was a full two hour custom rolling road remap session, not an ''off the shelf'' generic map. It was the best in terms of how the car drove, throttle response, torque through the rev range etc - having said all that I didn't think WOW this is so much better than Revo on my previous 1.8t car, it was nicer to drive and fractionally quicker.

Can anyone with Bluefin on a CR 170 comment on how much better the fuel economy is?

I have noticed I get 3 - 4 mpg better when I use Millers diesel supplement.

Can anyone with Bluefin on a CR 170 comment on how much better the fuel economy is?

I have noticed I get 3 - 4 mpg better when I use Millers diesel supplement.

For me, so far 1000miles with BF mostly round town (with 1 mway run of 300miles) its about 4 - 5 mpg better :thumbup:

I found with millers my mpg was a bit worse (mainly because I gave it more right foot)