Fabia 1.4 TDi Sport in White- One Year On

Car is now 1 year old, and I am still really please with it.

Build quality is IMHO very good, it has covered 13905 miles to date and currently averages 56.4mpg brim to brim.

Problems to date have been very few - I needed a new screen washer pump because the original froze solid in all the bad weather and popped seal which leaked when reassembled, and a small piece of rubber trim around the A post trim / wing joint started to come adrift but has been succesfuly fixed with super glue.

It did'nt help when the supplying dealer went bust (Streets of Bristol) not long after I got the car, but 1st oil change was carried out by Turners of Erlestoke (£101) who seem very proficient and helpful.

Oh and yes my rear drums are a bit rusty but will get sanded down & painted black very soon !

Would I buy the same car again - yes without doubt - but might go for the 1.9 as I feel the fuel consumption is better over 50mph but having said that the 1.4 is a real hoot around town and I can't grumble at 56.4mpg.

yep - 1.4 TDi Sport - just checked & you can still get them.

Only ever seen one other white Fabia 2 on the road so pretty pleased with the exclusivity, previously had a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi Mk2 in Jeans Blue and there were hundreds around.

Got rid of it because it was too big and suffered a lot from road noise, however the ride was excellent as was the engine but am well pleased with the Fabia.:thumbup:

glad your liking it mate, drove one the other day that had covered nearly 20k miles and felt alot quicker than mine, mines only covered 13k seems like they loosen up nicely, but am also the same thinking of the 1.9 is a thought :D

Sorry for not posting a reply sooner,

I have been driving it fairly steadily, I tend to change into 2nd as soon as possible as per the handbook, then in to 3rd at 2000rpm then if its flat go straight into 5th at about 3000rpm.

Again if flat I hold 5th down to about 1200 rpm.

Hardly ever do motorway work, my normal commute is A / B roads with a couple of long hills, and is 19 miles each way.

However over the weekend I did a couple of long A / B road trips about 250miles in total and looks like might hit 60 mpg when I refill.

Although the display MPG is reasonably accurate I always check consumption brim to brim.

Just filled up and brim to brim it achieved 62.8 mpg, which suprised me because I did a couple of longer higher speed runs - there was'nt much traffic and normaly over 60 mph I thought it gets thirstier.

I run it on the cheapest diesel I can find usualy Mr Tesco's but having seen the reports on BP ultra I may give it a try and see if its a cost effective option ;)

Just filled up and brim to brim it achieved 62.8 mpg, which suprised me because I did a couple of longer higher speed runs - there was'nt much traffic and normaly over 60 mph I thought it gets thirstier.

I run it on the cheapest diesel I can find usualy Mr Tesco's but having seen the reports on BP ultra I may give it a try and see if its a cost effective option ;)

review will be coming my end on this bp magic stuff :thumbup: