Remap Nr. Kent?

Hi All. I have been undecided as to whether or not to change my 04/04 Octy VRS for some time and have finally decided to keep it!

As a result its getting detailed on the weekend and needs a remap!

I was decided to go to AMD for the remap but have read a bad review or two. I dont realy want to have to travel too far but dont mind a couple hours.

Any advice on who to go to? Also will i need air filter / dv?

hi mate,

I run an impossible performance remap as several others do on here and i'm more than happy, Mike is hard to get hold of but its worth the wait!

They are in canterbury and his maps are a good price and he will do all he can to help.

AMD are in essex and are quite near to you too, their prices are higher though, and their service is a bit less personal but to be fair Shaun the boss does really know his stuff!!

Yes would be worth doing the airfilter for a panel one if it needs doing as they dont cost more (some uprate to induction kits but in my eperience they are not required) and the Divertor valve is worth doing as its a common fault on the 20vt engine (its not a requirement however if yours is currently working, its just a weak spot)its

Not too worried about cost as would cost me the saving in fuel to get to canterbury!

Just wondered why hardly anyone seems to go to AMD? How about APR as there is an agent in Croydon Tuning werkes i think?

No brainer really, just go to Mike at Impossible Performance, tell what you want from the map, and he will do it for you.

Did all the mapping and lots more to my old Octy vRS, and it always ran good figures.

Dont get me wrong amd are well established and know what they doing, they are a big tuner and work on a full range of cars so like any big garage their service is a bit less personal than some of the smaller tuners, their prices tend to be not that negotiable either in my experience.

So had you read bad things about their maps?

Mike has done rempas on some of the established members cars here all with good results like Beretta and Des both who ran/run really impressive figures, my car has an IP map and has run without issue, he did my friends 4x4 (another member here) which pulls like a horse now and my old 4x4 too both without issue. I know if there was a problem however i could go back to mike no issue and he would sort.

Depends what you want, you could get a 'postal' map where you send your off your ecu....you pays your money you take your chances though!!

See what others say on here, am sure some other fellow kent members will vouch for mikes maps.....come on guys, speak up!

if i remember they offer an amd map and their own map which is slightly cheaper.

Im, sure its a decent map.....whats the price? well you have heard bad things about their maps, what about IP maps?

With things like this i think you always have to go on recommendation!

I'll say this.

I have never had a map done by him but Mike at Impossible (although harder to get hold of than the scarlet pimpernel) has gone above and beyond to try to sort out a problem I have.

I really rate him.

His reputation for mapping is good and when my car is ready I will be going to him.

how about unit 18, there based somewhere near milton keens and have a an offer on for the end of august £280. ive read a few posts on here that say good things about them. maybe some other members can comment who have had some experience with them?

heres the link anyway:- http://briskoda.net/unit-18-automotive-services/unit18-motech-remap-special-offer/152872/2/

WHAT YOUR CAR IS NOT MAPPED YET????????

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

NOOOOOOOOO!

What is the point when on my "favorite" corner I wash wide and burn all my power away spinning the inside wheel with what I already have.

Handling>Brakes>Power.

I'll do an intermediate map before I fit the (slightly) big turbo. After the brakes some time.

you need the map to release the power that your lsd will be able to quite competently deal with!!!!:cool:

the sensible route of course is handling brakes power..........but who said tuning skodas was sensible???

You can try mine when you are back and the supsension is on to compare.

By the way, mike would remap you then adjust it when you fit the ko4, i already talked to him about this:)

Ps where is your fav corner? i like the one coming off wainscott bypass heading straight towards strood then veering left (not in the filter lane) down towards medway city estate and the tunnel

Oh, you know that road eh? I work right round the corner from there.

OK, come off the Wainscott bypass but go left up Four Elms hill towards Hoo.

Left just before the brow of the hill into Chattenden.

Second left.

That will take you to a roundabout, this is now a military road.

That is my "control" roundabout.

Take the first left off that one (or go around it 30 times then take that exit).

Follow that road to a cross roads, turn right.

Follow that (non-military) road all the way, taking the right where it forks and there are a couple of quite taxing turns on that road.

That brings you out on the road that goes down to the tunnel and the industrial estate.

It is a bit longer than your road and a bit more fun too.

Also the road that connects Hoo and Upper Stoke is a corker.

Darryl - mine is completely standard but if I went for a map I would go to Mike at Impossible.

Just from the level of care he puts into his work.

We had a rolling road day there last year and a couple of guys turned up with cars they thought were standard but had actually had generic maps put on several years previously but were making less than standard figures. Mike was there until 7 in the evening working with their cars to get them to what they should have been and he came back the next day (Sunday) and put another few hours in on one of them.

There's not a lot of point in going for a custom map though as Beretta suggested, because you'd need to do a lot of other stuff first (turbo back exhaust and induction kit at least) to take advantage of it, and custom maps aren't cheap.

P.s. apparently Impossible are moving premises soon so might not be in Canterbury much longer - Amateurstuntman did you know anything about that...? I thought Mike had your car at the moment?

those roads by chattenden are great, went through there a few weeks ago on way to upnor just for the detour!!!

What they are moving again, they better be moving back towards the medway again, there old location was much better, just not big enough!

How do you know that chicken eyebrow? surely he wont want to lose the rolling road, its not like there are many fitted in kent and they are very expensive to fit so cant think mike will want to do that!

I was curious about ##!!## / Alldub in T.Wells but website doesn'tshow any figres / testimonials.

How long have you had it on?

##!!## is the garage I went to for the Angel Tuning remap. Good service, good price, and you can get a Maccy D's and have a browse in TK Maxx while you wait ;)

I have no problems with flatspots (so far after six months) and the car just pulls like a train, but lovely and smooth.

If you want a more aggresive remap them I think AMD or REVO would be your best bet.

Went to ##!!## today re dodgy wheelbearing, ended up ordering H & R front & rear ARB's, remap and divertor valve. I've been on hold for 10mins trying to sort insurance!

P.S Jigger you local, fancy taking me for a spin sometime?

I'm actually up in NE London but sneaked a day off work to get the remap done by stealth. SWMBO has no idea. :o

As far as she's concerned it's a sensible 5-door family hatchback, but of course I know different :D

I would have said 'Yes' to going for a spin, but I literally have no time to myself anymore, what with work and 2-year-old boy to contend with. I don't even have time to scratch my balls :rofl: Sorry bud.

When are you getting it done?

ARB's are on back order so whenever they turn up will get it all done at once. Hopefully 1 - 2 weeks. Oh and wheel bearing Monday because itsunbelievably loud!

Good luck with it all and post back with your thoughts on the remap, like I did here:

http://briskoda.net/octavia-i/remap-done/145748/