Supaguard/Diamondbrite vs good waxes

Xavier

So chaps, your thoughts.

I have some nice swissol wax and cleaner from the small starter kit group buy about a year ago.

Now that winter is coming, I'm thinking of giving the car a really good clean out (inside and out) before applying "protective" products.

So, is it worth putting supaguard or diamondbrite on the bodywork? How does it differ to decent wax? Would you put supaguard/diamondbrite before a coat of wax? Or are they "incompatible" products ?

Your views please

:thumbup:

Mark Underwood (Wax Wizzard) also does a similar product & a bit cheaper. as Ross says car has to be 100% clean & that means all old waxes etc removed as it needs to go directly on to the paint, hence the reason we paid Mark to apply it to both our cars & I know of others on Briskoda who have used his services.

Stuart

Cheers, so I gather it's an either / or kind of situation.

In which case, which is better? :D

I guess I might as well just use the swissol cleaner stuff and then put a nice coat of wax on as I already have that stuff. No better going out and spending more on diamondbrite stuff?

edit: just realised this is prolly in the wrong forum and should be in car care. Mods, please feel free to move if deemed appropriate :)

Got the swillsol kit as well Xavier, but I just got the diamondbrite stuff as it is longer lasting. Will still use the wax to keep the gloss on.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just done mine with Jewelultra DB and it looks great, if i wax on top of this will it damage the seal or remove the product? I have an after care kit with the conditioner in it but i would like to wax it also as i doubt it will look as good by just using the conditioner, or am i wrong

I have just done mine with Jewelultra DB and it looks great, if i wax on top of this will it damage the seal or remove the product? I have an after care kit with the conditioner in it but i would like to wax it also as i doubt it will look as good by just using the conditioner, or am i wrong

Mine has the Amazing Glaze paint treatment on it, and I also Swissol it too. The 2 complement each other no problems.