Help please!!!

Schwarz

Hi guys and gals,

I've just picked up my new intercooler pipe from Skoda and fitted it. The metal lugs on the original had worn away. Took it for a quick spin up the road and all seemed well but when I parked up I noticed the temp gauge on the dashboard rising to 90 and then back down to 50 and back up again and so on. Any ideas on what could be causing this?? I've got to drive up to north wales and am seriously panicking now!

Many thanks in advance.

On my old seat, the temp sender sensor/sender failed and did this. Check you have not loosed the plug as mentioned or it could be coincidence that it is failing. They are an easy fix, but not sure where it is on the 1.9.

product_image_3506.jpg Looks like this, if it helps.

I replaced the rubber pipe that joins the hard plastic pipe coming from the egr to the top of the intercooler. Thought maybe I'd knocked a sensor when fiddling but can't see anything loose. Not sure what sensors are around that area for me to have moved to be honest?? Hasn't gone over 90 degrees yet which is a good thing but just a bit nervous of doing any damage on a long journey!