loan car rules?

Hi, my car is booked in for it's 12 month service and for them to look at a squeeking passenger seat. They are providing me with a loan car but I'm not sure about the rules... i.e, do you have to fill it before return or will it be on empty upon collection and you just put in as much diesel/petrol that you will use???

Hi, all dealerships tend to do things differently, some ask you to replace any fuel used and the amount the vehicle has in it is dependant on whether the previous customer replaced the fuel they used. Some dealers even charge per mile when you return the car.

Most courtesy cars aren't officially supplied with any fuel so you just put in as much or as little as you need. If you are really lucky the previous driver will have left some but I always try and roll onto the car park on fumes :)

I always feel like a **** filling up with three quids worth of petrol though.

Yep - good answers above.

At the Schitroen dealer, I was given the choice of either proving my own insurance covered the courtesy vehicle, or paying £10 (or was it £20?) to cover the vehicle under their insurance.

Hi

Working for a hire company I can give you some guidelines but as with the others statements I reccomend talking to the dealer for anyspecial requirements :D

1. Return car with same amount of fuel that you take it, make sure it is noted before taking the hire, ensure you have a copy (Condition Sheet)

2. Ensure ALL exsisting damage is noted as well, (scuff's, dents, damage to alloys, any windscreen chips/cracks and so on)

3. Ensure Alloy Key is there and is noted, as company's will charge for loss of Alloy keys, £250 in some case's more (Not as simple as ordering a new key)

4. Ensure Handbook is there and is returned with car

5. Check tyre tread's and service/warning lights.... do not accept if there is a service light on, or poor tyres, most companies currently will not authorise tyre's being changed until it is 2mm or below, especially as the economic recession is still going.

6. Also ensure you know the damage liability amount as some companies chargea awfull amount of damage liability we charge £250 due to nature of hire's we do. Other charge £1,000 or more... ask about CDW (Collision damage waiver, you pay x amount per day to exempt you from the liabiity excess)

7. Return car CLEAN as most companies will charge you a Valet Charge (£50 - £100)

Well I canna think of anythingelse to make you aware of, If I think of anyhing I will make another post :D

Hope this helps

Timelord