Stop it!

Hello peeps

Altho i love my car very much, ive often felt the braking is a little bit of a weak link with the fabia! At some point the car will have alot more power, and i wont be to confident with late braking around my demanding country roads. SO i had an idea of putting some new brakes for the front and also if it was possible to take the original disks from the front and swop them at the back over the drums, as am also thinking about getting some nice 17" alloys its nicer to see disks than drums. SO!

1. Is it possible?

2. Were can i find such a product?

Thank youuuu all. :thumbup:

Beefing up the front brakes will be easy but if your able to put discs on the rear I wouldn't put your current front ones on there. The bias will be far to powerfull for the rear wheels. Think about the fact that more powerful front brakes make the back end even lighter when braking hard, so beefing up the rears will often result in locking rear wheels and causing ABS interfearence that will actually increase breaking distance.

It's about getting the right ballance, you would be best looking into fitting a set of rear discs, hubs from a currently produced Fabia. Fitting large rear calipers (your current front ones) along with uprated fronts may also give you excessive pedal travel as the master cyclinder may need uprating to a larger CC.

Beefing up the front brakes will be easy but if your able to put discs on the rear I wouldn't put your current front ones on there. The bias will be far to powerfull for the rear wheels. Think about the fact that more powerful front brakes make the back end even lighter when braking hard, so beefing up the rears will often result in locking rear wheels and causing ABS interfearence that will actually increase breaking distance.

It's about getting the right ballance, you would be best looking into fitting a set of rear discs, hubs from a currently produced Fabia. Fitting large rear calipers (your current front ones) along with uprated fronts may also give you excessive pedal travel as the master cyclinder may need uprating to a larger CC.

cheers mate very helpful that, i think the 1.9 comes with rear disks, what if i was to put a better compound on the front disks like ebc or black dimaond would that make a bit of diffrence?

1.9 TDi come with drums on back,for the record the brakes are not bad on the fabia. Please not to this date I have driven 65 different cars mainly due to working for a hire company, mind you I am sure I have missed a few.

for brakes i rate the fabia's mk2 7/10 a average for most cars to be honest there are a few that are 9/10 but they are so firece that they are ever so unpleasent on the long run. Usually make you jolt around making a unpleaasant ride.

If anything like Jabbasport guy said you might be better off with just changing the pad's/disc/shoes material to a good grade material.

Just a thought :D

Timelord

well the problem is if i had any extra power, im a firm beliver in supporting the cars chassis when extra power is added. My last car which was a c2 had the worlds most aggresive brakes i rember the first time i drove the car i pulled up to junction and just lightly hit the brakes and it almost performed and emergency stop, and i really want some good powerful strong brakes to keep me safe

well the problem is if i had any extra power, im a firm beliver in supporting the cars chassis when extra power is added. My last car which was a c2 had the worlds most aggresive brakes i rember the first time i drove the car i pulled up to junction and just lightly hit the brakes and it almost performed and emergency stop, and i really want some good powerful strong brakes to keep me safe

I put Mintex pads on the standard 4 pots on my 06 WRX and HUGE improvement over standard pads which are total kak! Pads upgrade is a "cheap" and often overlooked brake mod rather than the whole disc calliper route:thumbup:

Edited by Niall'sFabia
spelling

cheers mate very helpful that, i think the 1.9 comes with rear disks, what if i was to put a better compound on the front disks like ebc or black dimaond would that make a bit of diffrence?

Better pads will improve stopping performance but increasing the clamping force of the caliper and increasing torque by fitting larger discs is the only way to make a big difference. Also I would avoid EBC!

As I do a lot of track days etc I tried many different pads and discs but was always left disapointed and felt the porformance increase did not justify the price. I've now fitted 6 piston front callipers and 335 x 32mm floating discs and now I'm happy :D.

I put Mintex pads on the standard 4 pots on my 06 WRX and HUGE improvement over standard pads which are total kak! Pads upgrade is a "cheap" and often overlooked brake mod rather than the whole disc calliper route:thumbup:

Cheers mate, i know there are some ones to avoid. On one of my old cars I had some ebc pads and my god were they dire :thumbdwn:

Just needed to know if anyone has or knows how to put rear disks on :thumbup: