felicia bonnet won't shut

Hi everyone, I've just got a skoda felicia 1999 for my other half to learn in, it's a great little car but bonnet will only go on to first click.

I've cleaned greased adjusted and fiddled with the catch under the bonnet but still no good.

Has this happened to anyone else? how do i fix it? This is the only thing stopping it going for MOT.

Ok this has recently happened to me and I forced it shut with my butt and it frogged it all up. So dont force it.

The problem for me was with the piece of metal the cable attaches to. its just underneath, and to the right, of the metal bar the bonnet locks onto.

Basically its bent downwards and needs to be bent back up again!

let me know if this helps. I had to bend mine from underneath.

If its not this then your cable could have stretched. try pliers on the little metal ball at the handel end of the cable. (passenger footwell).

Just had a thought it could also be that its in a "locked position" but its not locked. have a look at the lock on the bonnet and work out what the metal lever presses on when you pull the cable.

Should be a release tab/catch/button type thingy on the bonnet side of the lock. You could try finding that and releasing it with a screwdriver or something pokey.

I wonder. When the bonnet would close, was it sitting proud of the front wings at the leading edge? If so, try adjusting the height of the buffers down a little.

Also, does the plate on the end of the spting on the locking harpoon move up under finger pressure?