Central locking fault

sifelicia

Hi peep's,

I have spent the last hour or so searching but can't find any solution to the problem i have:(

When the central locking is operated either by remote or key all doors will unlock/lock except the passenger rear one.

I have done a scan of the central conveinience #46 and there are no fault code's.

If you open the door using the interior handle it first seems todo nothing then release and do it agin the door then open's:confused: Also when unlocked you can use the exterior handle as normal:confused:

Is this likely to be a mechanical breakage in the door or is it more likely to be electrical ??

I would appreciate any help as i'm dumbfounded by this strange problem:thumbdwn:

Thanks

Simon

Sounds like the rear door is out of sync. Can't remember off hand, but there may be a micro switch in the rear door. If so, it will likely be the cause. Another common fault is bad connections in the CL module in the drivers door. Either water ingress, or more often dry solder joints on the connector.

Bloody fault seems tobe intermittant:mad:

Is it possible to repair a lock ? or am i gonna need to visit a dealer for a new one ? if so how much would i be looking at and would it need coding to the central locking unit ?:(:(:(:(:( I'm well depressed with this little car at the moment,wish I'd never bought it as everything is a right pain in the ar$e to work on:thumbdwn:

Thanks a million mate:thumbup: I will see how it goe's but from reading that article it very much sounds like thats the problem:(

Seem's like a half ar$ed way of getting a car door to lock though, Maybe VW ought to revise there supplier perhaps ???

A new lock is mechanical so isn't 'read' by the convenience control unit, but the microswitches have an input. AFAIK you only need to reprogramme if you change the key or ignition barrel. You may also find this useful for removing the inner door carrier:

VWvortex Forums: DIY - Replacing the front door window regulator clips and/or door lock module