Another Brake light switch question

metz

Hey guys.

On the way home from work last night the glow plug warning light started flashing, After reading a few posts on here i went out and tested my brakes (no brake lights) so i assumed it was the switch as is covered in a multitude of posts. I nipped into rainworth skoda today and purchased a new switch and thenfitted it according to the guide on vwvortex.

But the glow plug light still flashes and i still have no lights.

I have taken the new switch apart and i can't see anything thing wrong (it looks so simple inside) i put it back together and tried it again...still nothing.

Is there anything else it can be? fuses? I had a blown brake light bulb yesterday and fixed this to then be confronted with the glow plug light 30mins later.

Thank you moggtech it was indeed a blown brake light fuse...only problem now is everytime i press the brakes it pops the fuse. just checked the bulbs and they are the p21w bulbs as the manual says.

Any ideas guys? can't afford to have unpaid days off work...the cars been trouble free until i put it up for sale haha

Edit...Just tested the voltage at the fuse for the brakelights (fuse 2) and when the brakes are pressed it registers 12.3v.

Edited by metz

Ok i think i have now solved this myself..

I swapped the brake light bulbs with the reverse light bulbs and the brake lights worked fine...put it in reverse and it blew a fuse...bulbs are right model but something must be wrong with them.

They cost me a quid each aswell robbing sods.