Roof bars and roof box on a Mk1 Superb

Skuperb

Just come back from a week away at a holiday park and our luggage filled the boot of my superb and the best part of the back seat next to my daughter. Now, we will be doing the same trip next year but by then we will have had another baby (wife is 16 weeks gone) so will have even more luggage. Has anybody fitted roof bars and a roof box to their superb and if so can you offer advice on the best bars, rook box combination and anything I should look out for or be aware of? Any advice greatly appreciated.:thumbup::D

Hi,

Yes we have fitted the Thule feet packs and roof bars (square steel not alloy aero ones) you can get them online and also see which ones you require. We went to France camping and wanted as large a roofbox for as little money as possible and went for a Mont Blanc 540 litre one (it`s fairly wide) we realised you can pay a small fortune for roofboxes, but the Mont Blanc has served us well despite i`m sure being overloaded every time !! The roof bars take approx 5 mins to put on or take off, the box takes about 10 mins. Hope this is of assistance to you ?

Regards,

Mickyg :)

Hi,

Yes we have fitted the Thule feet packs and roof bars (square steel not alloy aero ones) you can get them online and also see which ones you require. We went to France camping and wanted as large a roofbox for as little money as possible and went for a Mont Blanc 540 litre one (it`s fairly wide) we realised you can pay a small fortune for roofboxes, but the Mont Blanc has served us well despite i`m sure being overloaded every time !! The roof bars take approx 5 mins to put on or take off, the box takes about 10 mins. Hope this is of assistance to you ?

Regards,

Mickyg :)

:thumbup:Cheers MickyG. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated. I assume the feet attached without marking paintwork? Not sure we will need a 540 litre one I was thinking more of a 250 litre one. Halfords doing a 250ltr one for £100 and 340ltr for £150 at the moment either of which should be more than adequate

Hi, yes the feet actually rest on the roof on rubber pads partly resting in the groove which runs along the length of the roof, the feet are retained by arms which hook under all four doors, you can see a space where they are supposed to go if you open each door and look for the interuption in the line along the top of the door where it meets the roof. The only possible cause of wear/damage i can see would be if you were to leave them on for a very long time and grit could become stuck under the rubber pads causing abrasions to the paint on the roof, but i`m talking months for thet to happen !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Roof Box Company: sales and hire of bike racks car rack bike carrier bike rack, Thule roof boxes, Atera, Autoform, Kamei and Karrite roofboxes, roof bars, bike carriers, snow chains and other car and travel accessories

Thats where I got my thule bars, feet and aero bars when I had my superb

The box either has feet that are upside down T shaped to fit into the aero bars or go all the way round the bars.