Dance Radio Problem

oxy1

Hi All,

The radio on my better half's 07 Fabia has a mind of it's own.It is a Dance model and comes on by itself but then a lot of banging noises come from the Speakers.We have been to the main dealer with it but the only thing they were willing to do was sell us a new radio/cd player for €200 plus €80 installation fee, the car is only 1 month outside warranty and this is very annoying.

Any suggestions on how to rectify much appreciated.

I am thinking along the lines of buying a new radio myself and installing it, along with changing the trim and surround to allow for a smaller unit.

Good idea or not?

Cheers

Edited by oxy1

If you leave the radio on the next time you start the ignition it should come on itself. If you haven't I don't know what the problem is. The banging noise could be a possibility of blown speakers but on the other hand could be a faulty radio. It's probably not gonna cost too much more and less hassle to replace the radio to an aftermarket one.

• 3 weeks later...