Traction control+alloys on 2006 Ambiente

Hi all, I will be picking up a late 2006 Octavia 1.9TDi estate next week and it's advertised as an Ambiente. I believe it should have traction control, but the owner had no idea! Is there a button somewhere or is it permanently on?

Out of interest, where would I find the original new price for a late 2006 model?

It also has Skoda alloys on it which I believe were an extra for this model?

Thanks in advance.

I think alloys became standard for the Ambiente some time during 2005 - mine came with them but since it has a steel spare I suspect it had steels on which were then replaced before I collected it in on a 55 plate.

Yes - there's an ASR button down at the bottom of the centre console that lights up a swerving car light on the dash.

Regarding alloys,don't think that they were standard on all Ambiente models,my model has 16'' Sirius dealer fitted alloys as the original were 15'' steelies,one way to know whether the car has factory or dealer fitted alloys go to any Skoda parts shop,give them the chassis number and from the info on ETKA ( skoda parts catalogue)they would know with which wheels the car left the factory with.Is ASR ( anti spin )and TCS ( traction control ) the same thing ?

Yes alloys are standard on this model and are 5 spoke and the later ones were 6 spoke.

traction control standard too :thumbup: