Koni FSDs on Octavia Combi

Has anyone fitted FSDs on a combi? Are the rear shocks different to the hatch?

Koni's website seems to indicate that they are.

Octavia Combi RS

excl. 4 wheel drive 00-04 Sport 8710-1385Sport 80-2815Sport

Octavia Sedan RS

excl. 4 wheel drive 00-04 FSD 2100-4048

Sport 8710-1385Sport 80-2761Sport

Did a search and everyone who's fitted FSDs has a hatch as far as I can see!

Has anyone fitted FSDs on a combi? Are the rear shocks different to the hatch?

Koni's website seems to indicate that they are.

Octavia Combi RS

excl. 4 wheel drive 00-04 Sport 8710-1385Sport 80-2815Sport

Octavia Sedan RS

excl. 4 wheel drive 00-04 FSD 2100-4048

Sport 8710-1385Sport 80-2761Sport

Did a search and everyone who's fitted FSDs has a hatch as far as I can see!

Hi Mate, that sounds about right to me as the Hatch(sedan) is listed seperatley to the combi(estate) for the none VRS models so makes sense that the VRS ones would be different. Yep most briskodians have them fitted to the hatch.

I have not actually seen the VRS combi listed on most uk sites.

I've got them on a vRS estate at the minute, but as you said they aren't listed specifically for the vRS estate so I just got the normal ones. Saying this I'm hoping to get Coiovers in the next few weeks, again not listed specifically for the estate. What I did consider was LCR ones but its only the front that has a higher rating as far as I am aware.

I've got them on a vRS estate at the minute, but as you said they aren't listed specifically for the vRS estate so I just got the normal ones. Saying this I'm hoping to get Coiovers in the next few weeks, again not listed specifically for the estate. What I did consider was LCR ones but its only the front that has a higher rating as far as I am aware.

I have the Lean Cupra R coilovers on my VRS hatch(weitecs). Yes they are the same but just different poundage. 20kg stiffer all round.

Rob I recon you are ok with the heavy duty combi ones and with those new springs you have you will be sorted.

I have the Lean Cupra R coilovers on my VRS hatch(weitecs). Yes they are the same but just different poundage. 20kg stiffer all round.

That will be the better option, especially having an estate.

The part numbers on mine are 8045-1083, the only thing I can find with google is this attachment; which lists them as:

8045-1083 KONI SCHOKDEMPERS KONI VAG A3/GOLF 4/LEON/OCT RS

infobulletin%20250108.pdf

Edited by JohnRS

Hi Rob, The first one yes. As this is the same as the VRS sedan and around 1000kg handling which the VRS needs

Koni - If you are looking for an Koni FSD Damper Kit Skoda Octavia Estate 1.6, 1.8, 1.8T, 2.0, 1.9SDi/TDi 06/1998-05/2004 with H.D. suspension FSD Damper Kit (2100-4048) click here Koni

But not this one.

Koni - If you are looking for an Koni FSD Damper Kit Seat Leon 1.8T, 1.9SDi, 1.9TDi (66 - 81kW) 1999-2005 FSD Damper Kit (2100-4019) click here Koni

As this is only 910 kg rating and you would only be getting a less stiffer ride. It is only the Cupra R that will get approx 1020kg which is found on coilovers like weitec.

stick with teh first one mate

good point :D Have asked a couple of places for quotes :D

I wish I could get them at Awesome and bring them back as hand luggage but 19kg is a bit much I think :D

Personally i would avoid the FSD's, I didn't like the ride on them. It was either the FSD's or the H&R springs, not sure but it was a harsh thumping effect on A roads.

I would imagine they are quite good for track days though, the cornering was greatly improved, but i never did track days.

Personally i would avoid the FSD's, I didn't like the ride on them. It was either the FSD's or the H&R springs, not sure but it was a harsh thumping effect on A roads.

I would imagine they are quite good for track days though, the cornering was greatly improved, but i never did track days.

Not heard any bad press on FSD's before.

One of my mates has a new shape Leon with FSDs on and the fronts are worn out. They were second hand but low mileage when he bought them and have been on his car for about 14 months. They are combined with Eibach springs and I was impressed with the ride quality as it was definitely an improvement over the standard Leon Sport suspension, but the front has gone "floaty" now and you can see that there is not much damping there as the front end does not stop bouncing straight away.

My Octy Elegance with over 70k on the standard suspension has better damping at the moment!

• 2 weeks later...

The Koni India dealer explained the difference between Koni FSD 2100-4019 and 2100-4048 to me, thus:

"For your information, both the shock absorbers are same in terms of dimensions, stroke, length, travel, forces etc.

The only difference is the anti roll bar bracket and attachments on the shocks, which do not get used in the car being sold in India."

Meaning the 4048 has the ARB bracket, the 4019 does not.

The Koni India dealer explained the difference between Koni FSD 2100-4019 and 2100-4048 to me, thus:

"For your information, both the shock absorbers are same in terms of dimensions, stroke, length, travel, forces etc.

The only difference is the anti roll bar bracket and attachments on the shocks, which do not get used in the car being sold in India."

Meaning the 4048 has the ARB bracket, the 4019 does not.

Not sure I am fully confident in that research. 4048 is for a heavy duty fitment and 4019 is not. That implies there is a weight difference, possibly in shock poundage.

The 4048 does have ARB link bracket as the VRS needs them and the 4019 is for the standrad Octy ARB set up (same as golfs) so probably don't have brackets on them, but why make a different strut just for that seems a tad waste of time.

The 4048 even states it is for the heavy duty damper in the description???

Happy to be proven wrong though.:thumbup: