Stereo Options for 2006 VRS

Hi everyone,

I currently have the Skoda Stream unit and the 6cd boot mounted changer. I am wanting to upgrade my stereo and was wondering what my options were...

I need:

iPod connectivity - a proper iPod dock connector in my glove box so that the iPod charges. The iPod should be fully navigable from the head unit and display track names/artist names/playlists etc.

For it to fit with the interior of my Skoda (i.e. no bright blue/red illumination)

Bluetooth handsfree for my phone

I would like:

To keep the parking sensor/climate control displays that come up on the stereo

The ability to play MP3 CD's in a single slot on the dash

To keep the 6cd in the boot hooked up if possible

What are my options in terms of standard units? Or am I looking at aftermarket double-din for the features I want?

Columbus

Many available on FleaBay but be careful - most are stolen units. Ask if the unit comes with the original code card.

I used this guy - unit arrived with original seals all intact.

SKODA MFD3 16:9 DVD SD MP3 HDD navigation RNS510 on eBay (end time 24-Sep-09 21:56:07 BST)

Trust me this is a MASSive improvement over the Stream and with the addition of the ipod adaptor kit, give you pretty much everything I think!

Columbus

Many available on FleaBay but be careful - most are stolen units. Ask if the unit comes with the original code card.

That's a fairly bold and inflammatory statement. Do you know for definite?

That's a fairly bold and inflammatory statement. Do you know for definite?

Given the numbers on sale , the reports on here of them being a thief magnet, and the price when bought from Skoda legitimately , I'd say it's quite likely to be the case.

Zenec ZE-MC5600 - shall we say not of the same quality as the Columbus.

As for stolen units - you tell me why so many have no original code cards, broken seals etc. Apparently its a massive problem in parts of Europe and given that almost all units available on ebay come from Europe..........you do the math!

Zenec ZE-MC5600 - shall we say not of the same quality as the Columbus.

As for stolen units - you tell me why so many have no original code cards, broken seals etc. Apparently its a massive problem in parts of Europe and given that almost all units available on ebay come from Europe..........you do the math!

This is the UK, not the fecking USA - its MATHS FFS :mad:

This is the UK, not the fecking USA - its MATHS FFS :mad:

Yes and this is an online forum where people dip in and out while doing other things and perhaps do not worry too much about the use of North American grammer while they are also trying to watch Dealiest Catch (New Series) on Discovery.

Oh and by the way; "maths" is an acronym, standing for 'Mathematical Anti-Telharsic Harfatum Septomin" but lets be honest, nobody on here really gives a toss.

Perhaps you'd like to pick me up on punctuation if you have nothing better to do :rolleyes:

Yes and this is an online forum where people dip in and out while doing other things and perhaps do not worry too much about the use of North American grammer while they are also trying to watch Dealiest Catch (New Series) on Discovery.

Oh and by the way; "maths" is an acronym, standing for 'Mathematical Anti-Telharsic Harfatum Septomin" but lets be honest, nobody on here really gives a toss.

Perhaps you'd like to pick me up on punctuation if you have nothing better to do :rolleyes:

whatever.jpg

And yes - I have nothing better to do

HTH

Now, now children!!! Anyway, back on topic :P

Just been looking at the Columbus unit and it's certainly very impressive!

Just wondering, how do you transfer music onto the Columbus hard disk? Most of mine is in digital format already (MP3) and I have a massive collection, so I hope this is an easy task...

Some on eBay seem to say 30GB disk, some say 40GB disk. What standard options of disk are available, and are these upgradable? How much of this space is available for music (I'm guessing the satnav maps take up some of it)?

Is it a simple swap out job for my current Stream unit? What else is needed? Some places say that a GPS arial is needed?

Do the Columbus units display the parking sensor & climate control information like my stream does?

If you don't need navigation/DVD playback on the unit, you could go for a Bolero?

6CD in-dash, plus SDHC compatibility - so just put a card in with your MP3s on, upto 32Gb.

You'll loose CD changer control though and the reversing sensors/climate information won't display on it either. But none of that is any big loss, IMO.

foto-4-32964.jpg

Steve

I think climate did show up on my Bolero.Just want the bloody code so i can sell it . Got to pay £30 to dealers to get something that i own . Sent an email to Skoda and was more or less told thats how it is . Stops people nicking them. Don't see why i should have to pay though.

I didnt pay for the code when I needed one for my Audience HU, if you end up paying seems to depend on the dealer, some charge and some do it for free.

Skoda have not given out the radio code since at least 2001, as in normal use you should never need it or need to know it.

Erm... shouldn't that be grammar?

Ducks and flees from room.:)