vRS Rear Bumper

Big A

Yes, and No!

a vRS bumper comes as one piece but it IS two pieces bonded together, It's actually (I believe) just the GT OEM kit rear spoiler fitted from the factory.

The front bumper however IS one piece even though it's been made to look like 2.

Yes, and No!

a vRS bumper comes as one piece but it IS two pieces bonded together, It's actually (I believe) just the GT OEM kit rear spoiler fitted from the factory.

The front bumper however IS one piece even though it's been made to look like 2.

Thanks mate, I've been looking at changing the bumpers on the wifes Fabia for some vRS ones, but the rear ones I've seen have all varied. Some look complete like the pic above, some appear to be in two pieces, i.e. splits where the line is that I've circled above and others appear to be one piece, but where the line is, is shaped back as if a top section sits on top if that makes sence.

Inside a vRS bumper is 90% of a standard bumper, hang on.. I think I know where to pillf a pic from..

Here, you can see at the bottom the spoiler comes round and under.. you cut a bit out of the standard bumper for the exhausts exit.

pdc9.jpg

Great pic. Nice one :thumbup: So is the top section seperate too? Looks like its held on with small cable ties along that bar line. Or is that the original bumper and the larger bottom section is the kit spoiler?

Great pic. Nice one :thumbup: So is the top section seperate too? Looks like its held on with small cable ties along that bar line. Or is that the original bumper and the larger bottom section is the kit spoiler?

LOL - that picture has been taken from the Rear parking sensor fitting guide here, and the cable ties are there to hold the sensor wires snuggly to the inside of the rear bumper.

There are good pictures of the rear bumper removal to give you a better idea

I think the swage line is where the spoiler stops, and the original bumper pops out.. The spoiler goes upto the top of where the black rub strip would be normally, If you can find a picture of the GT rear spoiler not installed it'll all be much clearer.. it's literately like a skirt for the existing rear bumper.

I think the swage line is where the spoiler stops, and the original bumper pops out.. The spoiler goes upto the top of where the black rub strip would be normally, If you can find a picture of the GT rear spoiler not installed it'll all be much clearer.. it's literately like a skirt for the existing rear bumper.

Ahhhh so the lower section is just a cover that fits on top of the existing bumper? I've got you know :cool:

Like this?

bumperlower.jpg

So if I even got the lower half with the exhaust cut out it should just fit on top of the existing bumper?

Lol, I got it from ebay. There is someone selling that full GT kit Genuine Skoda fabia bumpers (sport) on eBay (end time 23-Sep-09 18:21:37 BST)

Think I prefer the vRS front bumper, but the rear, as you say, is the exact same as the vRS. Will keep and eye out for even the lower spoiler now since I now know its the same as the vRS and just fits onto the existing bumper.

Just need to find some bumpers and the roof spoiler to got with her leather interior and alloys I've got waiting to go on ;)

Thanks for your help mate on this topic :thumbup:

Not seen that topic before mate. Just really the vRS front and rear bumper and roof spoiler I'm after. Mind you at that price I could have made use of the rear bumper and exhaust. Thinking just getting a new backbox with twin pipes in a Milltek style when I eventually get a rear bumper.

Already got black & red leather, vRS steering wheel and some new alloys waiting to go on that she doesn't know about ;) Although she has said she wants tints and colour coded door handles & mirrors.