Scout Wheels on Warranty

Philip

Just a note to all you Scout owners. I know peeling lacquer on the alloy wheels is a bit of a problem many of you have experienced. Well I had mine in at a Skoda dealer for work today and asked them to check the wheels because of this problem. They have agreed all 4 will be replaced on warranty! So I would get yours checked while your cars still in warranty!

Was there any visible deteriation on the face of the spokes or around the rims?

Mine has a few (very) small marks very close to the tyre but it doesn't look too bad (yet).

How many miles / how old is your Scout?

Are you on the original tyres (does changing the tyres accelerate the problem)?

Do you use alloy wheel cleaner or just soapy water to wash them (some special cleaners are very aggressive - Wonder Wheels for example)?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just curious if its just a matter of time before mine go the same way or if its just a select few...

Edited by silver1011

One of my wheels was really bad with corrosion seeping in up the spoke from perhaps damage from a tyre change or kerb. The rest are spots on the middle parts of the spokes. Car is 2 1/2 years old and has had two tyres replaced, one because of a nail the other through wear. I just use water and a car cleaning brush on the wheels.