Nightmare...........

d_lawton03

I had the same problem on a honda accord i owned,this started to pull to the left so i checked all the suspension/steering components & the wheel alignment & all were ok,i checked the tyres & they looked fine so i swoped them side to side & it then started to pull to the right! had another look at tyre but couldnt see anything wrong so put spare on & it was fine! car drove straight!:) you may have a faulty tyre.

What would cause heavier steering to the right than the left?

I had coilovers fitted back in Feb along with cupra bushes.

It has always pulled left slightly even after a "laser alignment" on a hunter machine.

However I hit an unmarked raised manhole cover at 20mph a few weeks back (THANKS, COUNCIL!) and ever since the steering has got heavier on the right and the pulling left has got worse - almost to the point where it dangerous if I let go of the steering wheel at 50mph I would be in the hedge within 2-3 seconds.

I've been under the car and the track rod etc are not bent and the shock absorber is still intact, thankfully. The wheels are OEM and I dont get any shaking etc at high speed so doubt theyre buckled.

Just had brand new tyres fitted.

Would a knocked out toe angle cause heavier steering to the right?

What would cause heavier steering to the right than the left?

I had coilovers fitted back in Feb along with cupra bushes.

It has always pulled left slightly even after a "laser alignment" on a hunter machine.

However I hit an unmarked raised manhole cover at 20mph a few weeks back (THANKS, COUNCIL!) and ever since the steering has got heavier on the right and the pulling left has got worse - almost to the point where it dangerous if I let go of the steering wheel at 50mph I would be in the hedge within 2-3 seconds.

I've been under the car and the track rod etc are not bent and the shock absorber is still intact, thankfully. The wheels are OEM and I dont get any shaking etc at high speed so doubt theyre buckled.

Just had brand new tyres fitted.

Would a knocked out toe angle cause heavier steering to the right?

you really need to get the alignment checked , you could have hit it hard enough to have moved the subframe , i'd guess the castor angle or something like that has been knocked out

I had the same problem on a honda accord i owned,this started to pull to the left so i checked all the suspension/steering components & the wheel alignment & all were ok,i checked the tyres & they looked fine so i swoped them side to side & it then started to pull to the right! had another look at tyre but couldnt see anything wrong so put spare on & it was fine! car drove straight!:) you may have a faulty tyre.

I agree with this swap front to back and then try it. Good luck

I've just bought an 06 Fabia but none vRS and it is pulling to the left. It's booked in with the dealers for next Thursday as it has a 3 months warranty, depending on what they find, and if you're still having trouble, I'll post up their findings.

What is interesting with mine is when I took it for a test drive the spare wheel was on the car, and there was no spare wheel in the boot, I'm wondering if the previous owners have smacked the original wheel on something so hard they damaged the wheel, and in the process damaged the suspension or something linked to it.