Key Coding

Bodie

When we bought the wifes 2000 Fabia SDI it only came with one key.

So did the usual phoned up the dealers for a price for a key when I awaoke they had hung up on me. So bought a genuine VAG new key off ebay got it cut so it operated the locks n such like so we could at least get the other keys out of the boot after she shuts it:rotz:

So to the question how do I go about getting the key coded? Can it be done on VAG_COM? What info will I need?

Now I do have a 4 digit code that I got with the car which the garage said was the immobilser number? They had retrieved this thinking they would get it coded but I think they chickened out at the price.

Thanks in advance

When we bought the wifes 2000 Fabia SDI it only came with one key.

So did the usual phoned up the dealers for a price for a key when I awaoke they had hung up on me. So bought a genuine VAG new key off ebay got it cut so it operated the locks n such like so we could at least get the other keys out of the boot after she shuts it:rotz:

So to the question how do I go about getting the key coded? Can it be done on VAG_COM? What info will I need?

Now I do have a 4 digit code that I got with the car which the garage said was the immobilser number? They had retrieved this thinking they would get it coded but I think they chickened out at the price.

Thanks in advance

Hi Bodie

Yes you can program with Vag-com, you need the 4 digit code (SKC) but you don't say if it has key operated central locking, but that is done from the drivers door.

http://www.fabia-vrs.com/technical-info/key-coding/

Radiotwo

central locking is the old put the key in the key hole n twist it:D

and have a 4 digit code.

So know need to find someone with vag-com near Ipswich.