Revo remap for FL VRS

I have been contacted today by my local Revo dealer (Volkscraft in Exeter) and have been informed that the remap for the TSI engine in the FL VRS has now been released.

The quoted figures (taken with a pinch of salt!), are 270bhp and 300lb/ft. Although these are very suspect, I am sure the difference would be quite dramatic and will be looking to do it as soon as the funds are available.

Does anyone know of any forthcoming discounts/promotions similar to the 20% off in March? (question in Revo forum as well).

270? Yep, OK - only if the car's remapped on the six Thursday of the month, with the moon in its 5th quarter ;)

Or, alternatively, the date happens to be the 12th of never.

Steve

If you look at the Scirocco results, the engine is the same so expect similar results, figures quoted by variuos tuners around 255hp, 300lbs., (Revo the highest at 266hp 313lbs). Although as we know from experience these numbers are rarely produced on customers cars. However it does show alot more power and torque is available from the new TSI engine with just a stage 1 remap than the previous TFSI. Once my FL arrives in November and I've done 1000miles I'll be getting it remapped, probably Bluefin as I like the price and ability to reset it when I service the car.

However it does show alot more power and torque is available from the new TSI engine with just a stage 1 remap than the previous TFSI.

It doesn't really show that though does it? Not conclusively by any stretch.

It just shows that we've entered the circus merri-go-round for yet another time with remapping companies coming up with outlandish claims. Oh joy!

Steve

It doesn't really show that though does it? Not conclusively by any stretch.

It just shows that we've entered the circus merri-go-round for yet another time with remapping companies coming up with outlandish claims. Oh joy!

Steve

Only going by all tuners quoted figures, they all show more power and torque available stage 1 from the TSI motor than there is from the TFSI engine. The engine is different and I believe the extra power/torque is available partly due to a different fuel pump?? (but I could be wrong on the specifics) So I expect regardless of the fact customer cars are often dyno'd lower than the tuners claims, there should be a difference/increase in power/torque from a stage 1 tune on an TSI engine than on a stage 1 TFSI engine.

When my FL VRS arrives I'm thinking of travelling down to JKM to get my remap done and I'll get them to dyno the car before and after to compare it to their other dyno results on stage 1 TFSI engine cars.

.....and I'll get them to dyno the car before and after to compare it to their other dyno results on stage 1 TFSI engine cars.

A cynical person might suggest that you organise tests before and after on an independent dyno if you want to know the actual %ge gains.

The problem with the tuner doing both tests is that they have a vested interest in the results, so there is a temptation to manipulate the dyno tests to support the gains they claim.