Didn't Skoda Test the VRS In The Rain?!

Does anyone else get a shower of water onto the speaker grilles and into the boot when they lift the tailgate after rain? Who the hell signed that off? Did the testers just stay in bed when it rained, or have I inexplicably received a VRS model variant destined for Ed Cheeseburger Skoda, of Death Valley? :confused:

Does anyone else get a shower of water onto the speaker grilles and into the boot when they lift the tailgate after rain?

Yes , everyone with a Mk1 Octavia.

And everyone with a Mk2 Octavia (though it's not quite as bad)

Run a bead of black/or clear silicone (whichever you think will suit) in the channel between the glass and the metal tailgate, should stop the majority of the water that collects in there from doing so and help stop your speakers getting soaked!!!

I think it's worse on the RS version as it has that big handle on the boot lid so you get a double layer of water to run into your boot.

I find it helps to brush the water from the spoiler & then open the boot a few inches as previously stated.

I also find that after opening it in the rain. When I shut it, there is a trickle of water run down the middle of the inside of the screen from under the high level break light. Very annoying as I can just see it in my mirror!

Yes, 'tis annoying - even on the Mk2. With the design and angle of the bootlid though, I'm not sure what you can do with the water that collects. It has nowhere to go, and with the path of least resistance and all that...

Steve