Engine Cut

this has happened to quite a few people on here, even cars not even mapped, i think its just the ECU trying to protect the engine

oh, by the way, you'll get banned if you are caught doing silly speeds

You'd need to log using VCDS while it was happening to be sure of what was occuring. The above comments do have bearing though; as it's not seen as typical running to be 'flat out' in 5th or 6th; not for extended periods of time anyway. We'd need more info of what exactly you were doing at the time of the issue. For example, if you accelerate hard from low-down in 5th, when perhaps 4th would have been more effective, you're causing increased strain on the standard pipework and turbo, and this might cause what you describe above.

Steve

Going flat out in 5th + 6th = risk of engine damage - therefore I'd suggest your car is attempting to minimise the risk of you damaging it by driving it like you stole it. Therefore I wouldn't worry, but I would kill your speed.