Wiring Day Running Lights

Has anyone got a wiring diag for the ASR switch on the dash?

I have bought some day running lights and want to wire them into a new asr switch I bought. Just need to know which connector is what. I might as well wire the illumination and power from the other switch if possible.

Cheers

You do not need a separate switch, you can wire DRLs into the headlight switch - it is much easier.

You need one connector cable (repair wire) to be inserted in the "TFL" position in the switch. This provides power whenever engine is on but no lights are on, which is exactly when DRL should operate.

You can also have rear lights active by running 2 schottky diodes from TFL pin to rear lights pin. All modifications can be accomplished within the headlight switch wiring harness, 4 splices, 2 diodes and 1 repair wire are required in total.

• 2 years later...

You do not need a separate switch, you can wire DRLs into the headlight switch - it is much easier.

You need one connector cable (repair wire) to be inserted in the "TFL" position in the switch. This provides power whenever engine is on but no lights are on, which is exactly when DRL should operate.

You can also have rear lights active by running 2 schottky diodes from TFL pin to rear lights pin. All modifications can be accomplished within the headlight switch wiring harness, 4 splices, 2 diodes and 1 repair wire are required in total.

Hey DieselV6 - I've bought some aftermarket DRLs and want to wire them the same way.

There's a multiconnector on the back of the headlight switch - is there not a corresponding wire for the TFL pin within that loom that goes somewhere else (relay?) that you can tap into more easily?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jack

Edited by JackpotUK