Fabia Classic immobiliser problems

kateb

Hi

My Fabia wont start, I did have intermittant problems with starting, but now it will not start at all, I had the aa out and they got it going by leaving the ignition on for a while, and then it started. but now it will not start again ( it does start but stops after a few seconds) Does anyone know how to sort this out?

I have the same problem with both keys

Probably you will have to get someone with Vag-Com to read any stored fault codes for you to determine what's actually causing the immobiliser to kick in

Does that mean get it taken to a garage?

I was hoping someone would say something simple, like disconnect wire or something :-)

Taking it to a garage (if you can tow it or get it uplifted) would be one way to get it scanned for fault codes although a cheaper way might be to find one of the wonderfully helpful members on here who lives near you with vag-com, see this thread:

http://briskoda.net/diagnostics-vag-com/vag-com-owners-map/80992/

then if you find someone and send them a P.M. & ask nicely they might just be prepared to come and check your car for you for the cost of a beer or maybe even for free if you are lucky ! :D

Getting it scanned for a fault code would at least then point to why the immobiliser is cutting in, . :thumbup:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's probably your instrument cluster failing, and the immobiliser is in there. I helped another member with a Fabia I who had the same problem.

Where are you located? Thankfully the member I helped was relatively local as there's not many people around who can code a second hand cluster in and make it work etc.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but it's probably your instrument cluster failing, and the immobiliser is in there. I helped another member with a Fabia I who had the same problem.

Where are you located? Thankfully the member I helped was relatively local as there's not many people around who can code a second hand cluster in and make it work etc.

Could be but on the other hand, I've seen this happen with just a bad connector at the pickup coil A quick clean up & a squirt of servisol and it was fixed ! :)

It could be any number of things really, a scan for any logged fault codes would be a good start. :thumbup:

Yes it could be the wiring or the connections however whatever the problem is the fault will no doubt be the same and virtually untraceable.

01176 - Key

07-10 - Signal to Low - Intermittent

The connectors and wiring need to be checked and perhaps replaced.