IT upgrade...WTF???

kwak7

Hi all

I'm still waiting on my vRS ordered in Sept which I was told 10 days ago was now in the country and sat in a dock awaiting a transporter. I chased up over the weekend only to be told "sorry, the entire VAG group's IT systems have been shutdown as of thursday last week and wont come back on until Friday this week for a major upgrade"!!

Anyone else been told this? The upshot is nothing will move anywhere in these 7 days regardless of the state of the order or where the car is sitting. Mine only needs to tell the transporter to set off but cant even do that!!! :eek:

Frustrating, especially when the same dealership told me I would be picking it up last week :mad:

Before you get shot down (:o) have a look at the long delivery times thread and the other threads related to build and delivery times. Been discused at length on here quite a bit

Mod might want to lock this thread..

yeah just read a load.....should have perhaps engaged brain before ranting :rolleyes:

the dealer could have still told me early last week though instead of just saying they hadnt heard anything. oh well, hopefully it'll be on the first transporter so can pick it up early next week.