Uploading and sharing wedding guests photos...

maffwilson

Hello all, it's nearly time for our big day (hurrah) but one of the tasks I have from SWMBO is to sort out a method whereby the wedding guests can upload their digital pictures from their cameras, while also being able to look at what everyone else has uploaded.

I guess what we want is something akin to a FTP server set so that anyone with the username and password can upload to, but not delete from, and then also something that will generate thumbnails of the FTP folder's contents on a web page so they can be viewed.

Can run a FTP server through work on one of the spare Windows 2003 machines, we do this for some files for clients using Bulletproof FTP.

I have a domain name I can point at the FTP server too.

The trouble is the thumbnail bit, how to do that?

Or am I totally wrong in the method of how we might do this? I had a very quick look at photobucket and others but they all require you to sign up, don't want to force everyone at the wedding to create an account on there etc as it just makes the process more complicated.

Anyway, all thoughts welcome. 32 days to go... ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all, in the end I've used http://www.fotki.com/

Fotki allows direct email upload into albums, which is by far the easiest way for people to add photos without faffing around with logins and/or uploading gadgets dialogue boxes and the like.

You can easily password protect an album to keep it semi-private. It does also allow FTP download as well so we can get a copy of everything. Hurrah.