Camber with KW V3

Im noticing the camber is off and wondering what I can do about it. I do have them set low at all but the inside edge of the tyre is wearing. Im thinking of the following to fix this

http://www.iapdirect.com/product.php?productid=42127

and

http://www.superpro.eu.com/ProdDisplay_Ind.asp?App=VWGolfMk42WD&Prom=VAG&Model=17#SPF2084K

What you think?

The Superpro parts state that they're for caster increase, not camber, but I don't see how they could do that, since it requires moving the bottom swivel fore o aft relative to the top.

Never seen the adjustable ball joint kit before though.

• Like 1

Guest westallc

i run kw3 and there is no probs atall with the camber and all tyres wear the same have you had it properly set up ???

you really should have a prob unless running them on the very low limit.....!!!!

• Like 1

The problem is that there are two causes of excess inside edge wear:-

1) Excess camber, caused by radical lowering of a strut based suspension (as the strut becomes shorter, the stub axle rotates around the inner mounting, and the outer edge rises faster than the inner, tending to put t more load on the inner edge of the tyre. This really needs different length bottom arms (not available, and expensive anyway) or adjustable camber bolts (Unless Superpro have made a mistake, not availabel for this chassis) to fix.

2) Excess toe-in, and I'd expect this to apply to both wheels equally if it happens as a result of a change in ride height. That said, it will only happen if the inner ends of the track rods are nearer the inner arm mounts that the outer rod ends are. If you want to play, make some quadrilaterals (Meccano is good if you have access to a set) and fiddle with moving it like suspension does.

• Like 1

Guest westallc

Ken is the resident genius i salute you sir.......he he

p.s what the feck does my other half want for christmas????????

Edited by westallc

Guest westallc

A husband who does not waste money on Octy's

lol she doesnt mind that as i have now got her a lovely 3 bed house that i have just finished renovating

so she is a very happy bunny......

p.s thinking about it the last time i spent money on the car she did say thats the last time or i will cut your balls off :'( lol

lol she doesnt mind that as i have now got her a lovely 3 bed house that i have just finished renovating

so she is a very happy bunny......

p.s thinking about it the last time i spent money on the car she did say thats the last time or i will cut your balls off :'( lol

I rest my case.......................LOL