How Much To Replace Injector Harness.............

Still having trouble with my 2.0TDI after the new tandem pump, fuel pump and fuel filter,

The car still judders and misfires, dealer can't fault it either !!

I did a bit of research on this and found that replacing the injector harness my fix this. I had read that the harness was only £40-50,

so thought what te hell, lets try it.

Asked the dealer today for a price to change it, but was quoted a massive £395 !!!! :no:

After getting the price, I found that the rocker cover gasket cannot be replaced on its own, its part of the rocker cover, is that right ?

Thinking that my Skoda days are numbered, as without any codes being flagged, it seems a like finding a needle in a haystack.

I have removed my rocker cover quite a few times and refitted it. No worries. Not sure on the 2.0, but on the 1.9 it's not too tough a job. Bit fiddly getting in a hand by the injector pump to pull the wire off the plug, and then having to feed it through the rather tight holes in the head and out the side, then obviously repeat to get the new one in.

|You should be able to R&R the rocker cover at least once or twice without replacing. And yes, these harnesses can give trouble, the whole design is really crap and its a bit awkward to change them, hence the high dealer quote. Give me the old 1.9PD engine every time!