Fuel filler flap

chipstar

common problem, if you pull away the carpet in the boot on the right hand side that covers where the fuel filler cap is.... (crap description but you should understand what I mean) you will find the cable that releases the filler cap has come loose, just pop it back in.

• 4 weeks later...

There is a dealer modification involving a cable-tie that solves this permanently. I can't tell you exactly what it is, but there is bound to be someone on here who knows how to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

After reading this due to my fuel filler flap not clicking shut, I pulled away the boot cover and the the cable had merely dislocated from it's little bracket. All I had to do was relocate it, DONE! Took 30 seconds! If only all things were fixed this easily!

• 1 month later...

funny-pictures-of-cats-dot-info-011.jpg

I just saved a kitten...

This happened to me last night when I filled up - the fuel filler flap would not shut despite my beatings! Spent the whole night at work really annoyed with the car and then had the brainwave of using the search on here when I awoke from my fitful slumber this afternoon - turns out the cable had somehow disconnected itself - took me 30 seconds to locate and fix. Thanks guys, this site rules.

On a seperate note, I filled up with Total Excellium and a double dose of Millers and the car seems to be running pretty sweetly on that naughty concoction, noticeably smoother on startup and tickover and it 'feels' nicer to drive. Probably psychosomatic, but I'm happy with the car at the moment and wouldn't swap it for anything (though whether I'll feel like that next month when I get it serviced, MOT'd and taxed is a different matter, hahaha!).

On an even more seperate note, just for your amusement, I stopped a guy in a van last night for no MOT and it turned out to be the worst cocktail of driving document offences I'd ever stumbled across in my career so far - as well as having no MOT, he had an expired provisional licence, no insurance, the car was SORN and the tax had expired last september. Sign here please sir, your van is coming with me, hahaha!

Keeping uninsured, unlicensed, untaxed, un MOT'd, SORN dodging white van drivers off the roads so we can stay safe on them.

In Total Excellium we trust.

Big Mikey

Edited by Big Mikey

Seems every time i fill up the rudddy cable pops out, so at 7.15 this morning after another crap night shift & filling up with diesel the flap decided to throw another wobbly got home took it apart again wrapped tape around it lets see how long that lasts lol.

Edited by chipstar

Haha, I think the cold weather plays a part too, electrical tape round the cable should sort it nicely. Glad I found this thread though, was well annoyed thinking I'd have to pay Skoda to fix the thing...

Edited by Big Mikey

Haha, I think the cold weather plays a part too, electrical tape round the cable should sort it nicely. Glad I found this thread though, was well annoyed thinking I'd have to pay Skoda to fix the thing...

I'd reckon that over time, tie wrap will beat electrical tape hands down - surely someone on here knows the official fix, I kind of think that it was posted some years back - but could be wrong! Or, go on - retro fit an electric one from a Polo 9N.

• 3 years later...

Filled up with fuel today and fuel flap wouldn't close. Said to hubby let's go home and spray it with WD40 (my answer to everything!) However as it was chucking it down we had a bacon roll and cuppa and waited for the rain to stop. I then did my usual google on this website (which please note I have used before) and found this posting. Once rain stopped we went outside equipped with torch and found the offending wire which had popped out. All sorted and working again. Love this site so have now registered just to say thank you.