heated seat problem

jcblincs

any ideas - heated seat on drivers seat not working. fuse OK and all other 3 heated seats work. checked connector under seat is OK.

as far as i can see in the fuse box one fuse does all the 4 heated seats.

any ideas where to look next ?

very annoying as passenger has a toastie bum and I dont !!!

have you tried swapping the on/off switch to see if the switch is duff? maybe the element built into the seat has perished?

better still....get the passenger to drive and you have the toastie seat :D

hope you get it sorted.regards andy

have you tried swapping the on/off switch to see if the switch is duff? maybe the element built into the seat has perished?

better still....get the passenger to drive and you have the toastie seat :D

hope you get it sorted.regards andy

planning to get my multimeter on the job this weekend. will unplug heated seat connector from seat base and check power is coming through. will then test continuity of seat element.

shoudl be process of elimination I hope. then may swap passenger side element if it is the problem

been too busy this week cleaning plenum chamber drain holes and sorting pollen filter housing seal out !!!

I had this with a couple of VX's before, I never did get to the bottom of it, but I suspect the pad in the seat either just burns out or the constant bumping down on it kills it.

correct !! 10 points !

took the seats out and swapped them round to prove the car wiring was not at fault - faulty seat was still faulty when connected to other side. Then did some continuity testing on the seat and foudn the base heater on the driver's side to be faulty !!! will get a price for a new heater pad.

correct !! 10 points !

took the seats out and swapped them round to prove the car wiring was not at fault - faulty seat was still faulty when connected to other side. Then did some continuity testing on the seat and foudn the base heater on the driver's side to be faulty !!! will get a price for a new heater pad.

a result..... :thumbup:

a result..... :thumbup:

when we got the heater element out it was actually scary - the element had burnt out and scortched the underside of the seat upholstory. wouldnt like to have been sitting on it at the time !!!

for now have swapped the element over from the passenger side. now I am toastie warm !!! very rarely carry a passenger and seats are cloth so not that cold

when we got the heater element out it was actually scary - the element had burnt out and scortched the underside of the seat upholstory. wouldnt like to have been sitting on it at the time !!!

for now have swapped the element over from the passenger side. now I am toastie warm !!! very rarely carry a passenger and seats are cloth so not that cold

I like a man who puts others before himself ;->

• 8 years later...

Hi all,

I am new here owner of a fantastic Superb estate which I love, however just came across the same problem. Driver seat not heating. Since there is also airbag in the seat, I was too scared to disconnect any cables underneath. Anybody could help with a diagram what to look out for ? Or any advice where to find a competent person to have a look in Scotland ? Dealership is not an option, rip of guys, had experience with them.

Thanks in advance, happy driving!