Who thinks Rage Against The Machine will beat X Factors Joe

justinbarrow

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forgot the 3rd long shot option of Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody, which you can get off ITunes and HMV.

They were saying on the Radio earlier that the muppets song is chasing up the charts and now has a really good chance of beating both songs :o

a couple of people on facebook started a campaign to knock x-factor away from the xmas no.1 chart spot.

they chose Rage against the machine - Killing in the name of as the song.

so basically hundreds of thousands of people are buying it in an effort to reclaim the top spot with 'real' music.

the song is not to everyones taste, i like it, but its the meaning of the whole thing that attracts me.

i'm sick of hearing karaoke songs at the top of the charts at this time of the year.

i do believe joe deserved to win x-factor, he is a good singer but he does not deserve to top the xmas chart, the song was pre-picked and all finalists had to have the song and video complete before the winner was decided.

it would have been better had a song been written specifically for him and not some regurgitated miley cyrus crap.

The whole rage thing was set up to stop the X Factor monopoly and to try and get the uk singles chart at christmas fair so that its an open contest, It does annoy me that we always have a karaoke song at number one at christmas and for the last 5 years its been because of a c+_p reality show so I hope rage do get to the top.

The X Factor show may have got 20 million viewers but how many would of wanted joe to win and how many couldnt give a care and just had it on at the time and the most important how many will actually buy the karaoke song that won.

Sunday we will find out - C

a couple of people on facebook started a campaign to knock x-factor away from the xmas no.1 chart spot.

they chose Rage against the machine - Killing in the name of as the song.

so basically hundreds of thousands of people are buying it in an effort to reclaim the top spot with 'real' music.

the song is not to everyones taste, i like it, but its the meaning of the whole thing that attracts me.

i'm sick of hearing karaoke songs at the top of the charts at this time of the year.

i do believe joe deserved to win x-factor, he is a good singer but he does not deserve to top the xmas chart, the song was pre-picked and all finalists had to have the song and video complete before the winner was decided.

it would have been better had a song been written specifically for him and not some regurgitated miley cyrus crap.

The whole rage thing was set up to stop the X Factor monopoly and to try and get the uk singles chart at christmas fair so that its an open contest, It does annoy me that we always have a karaoke song at number one at christmas and for the last 5 years its been because of a c+_p reality show so I hope rage do get to the top.

The X Factor show may have got 20 million viewers but how many would of wanted joe to win and how many couldnt give a care and just had it on at the time and the most important how many will actually buy the karaoke song that won.

This time Sunday we will know

Edited by justinbarrow

I have downloaded rage against the machine 5 times now from amazon and then was wondering if mp3 downloads from amazon at 29p counted towards the offical uk top 40 so I wrote an email to them and this is what i got back...

"Dear Justin,

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this has caused.

We can confirm that sales of MP3s from Amazon.co.uk count towards the Official UK Charts.

We can confirm that sales of MP3s from Amazon.co.uk, including ‘The Climb’ by Joe McElderry and ‘Killing in the Name’ by Rage Against The Machine, count towards the Official UK Charts.

The Official UK Download Charts are compiled by The Official UK Charts Company. For more information, please visit their website:

http://www.theofficialcharts.com"

Heres to Sundays chart then ;)

I bought RATM despite owning all their albums already.

Justin, you seem hung up on X factor, I don't understand you're a grown man with testicles lol, what gives ?? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I am not that hung up about X Factor mate just like to see something different at number 1 at crimbo rather than Simon Cowells ****.. Rage against the machine were being interviewed on radio 5 lives breakfast show this morning and they sung the song killing in the name of live and despite being told to sing the clean version they sang the full explicit version with all the swearing and they had to be cut off with some news woman then saying to nicky campbell "we were expecting that despite us telling them to sing the clean version so now go out and buy joes records" Lol

By this point rage against the machine couldnt reply back but im sure they would of said to the woman...f**k you I wont do what you tell me :D

Exactly; so people saying it's pointless because Simon wins either way have kind of missed the point.

Do you honestly think SC gives a monkeys whether it gets no 1 or not? Course not, he's had hundreds, its just money to him.

The only people who are losing from this are people buying a single they didnt want, Joe, and all the people who genuinely brought Joe's single because they want it to be number one.

Its nice that people are protesting, but if all these protestors actually brought music on a regular basis, then this sort of rubbish wouldn't be taking over the charts in the first place :thumbup:

He did get quite angry about it actually, so yes. :D

Thats because he's a publicity master. Him and Joe get loads of free publicity, he gets more cash, and when this week is up, and everyone stops buying RATM, he'll still have bucket loads of cash rolling in.

To be honest, i wouldn't be supprised if RATM were somehow his acts, and this was just a huge publicity stunt on both sides, and all this did was add yet more money to his every expanding bank balance.