Upgrading Octavia Seats

Hi guys

I have a horrendous back problem following a car accident a few years ago.

I'm currently waiting for my new Octavia (due to be built Jan 14), and could do with some advice on upgrading seats.

Other than upgrading to VRS seats (which I don't know whether it is an option), does anyone have recommendations for really supportive seats?

I've rummaged online and what looks good on screen are sports recliners, but I have no experience in this line - anyone any hits or suggestions?

Also, am I right in thinking that the thorax air bag in Octavias is mounted in the seat (so I'd lose those if I go for non-Skoda seats)?

Many thanks, and a Merry Christmas to all!

Niki

I also have back problems and have found the solution for me was to use the back portion of a device called a Back Friend which provides contoured lumbar support, link here:

http://www.medesign.co.uk/shop/backfriend.php?gclid=CLqu0eWI9J4CFeZr4wodzVYzJw

They come in a variety of clours to match your seats so are inconspicuous in use. They also used to sell just the back part so might be worth calling them if you are interested.

This certainly works for me.

You could also consider a CGlock, link

http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/app/mobility/

Which will stop you sliding about in your seat - I actually use a couple of large Klippits, from Lakeland, clipped over the seat belt which does much the same job at a fraction of the price.