Octavia II Elegance CD player, long CDs not playing

I've got a Skoda Octavia Elegance with single CD in the front and a 6 CD auto changer in the rear. I've noticed when I use CDs in the CD player head unit with a larger than usual number of tracks the CD just keeps repeating the 1st track. Skipping the track just causes it to go back to track 1, I've noticed this on a couple of CDs and the one today had 20 tracks on it. The CDs are bought from a shop (not CDs burnt on a PC) and they don't contain MP3s. I haven't tried to see if the CDs play on the autochanger.

Is this a limitation on the Octavia CD player and does anyone know if there is a way of resolving it?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Sounds like a faulty headunit, I suggest you try buying one of those CD lens cleaner disks and trying that. This should clean the dust of the pickup thats most likely causing the problem. It should play fine in both the headunit or the changer.

I've got a Skoda Octavia Elegance with single CD in the front and a 6 CD auto changer in the rear. I've noticed when I use CDs in the CD player head unit with a larger than usual number of tracks the CD just keeps repeating the 1st track. Skipping the track just causes it to go back to track 1, I've noticed this on a couple of CDs and the one today had 20 tracks on it. The CDs are bought from a shop (not CDs burnt on a PC) and they don't contain MP3s. I haven't tried to see if the CDs play on the autochanger.

Is this a limitation on the Octavia CD player and does anyone know if there is a way of resolving it?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Is it a MP3 stream on just the stream radio? some radios cd i know (not cars) can't handle 80m CD's I am guessing this might be the case with this.

James.

I checked the autochanger and that plays the same CDs (with 20 tracks) without a problem. The head unit CD doesn't though with the same CDs. The head unit is labelled "MP3 STREAM".

I would of thought the head unit and autochanger would be the same technology and support the same CDs, maybe they are different and then head unit doesn't support the larger track CDs?

I'll try cleaning the CD head unit and see if that resolves it.

Thanks

Martin