00667 can anyone help

vrs_1

hi there

i am a newbee to this so here goes

i have a octy vrs 2001 revo stage 2 ,piper cross pnl filter ,powerflow wake the dead cat back exhaust ,std cat ,forge ajustable split-r ,boost guage (running 22psi),

i recently checked for fault code's on my car and it came up with the 00667 ambient air temp sensor problem

can anyone help me locate the ambient temp sensor so i can replace it and part no if possible

the reason i checked for code's is that my car seems a little lumpy on throttle till turbo kick's in

now i know it's cold so its to be expected

but would this 00667 cause the problem

i guess if the car don't know how warm it is outside it don't know how to fuel properly

anyway

many thanks in advance

The sensor is bolted on just behind the lower nearside bumper grille. Just pull the grille out and you should see it. I wouldnt have thought it would cause the lumpy running though as I pretty sure that sensor is literally for telling you the outside temperature.

then if TB clean doesn't fix it you start the long process of fixing leaky VAC and Boost pipes :D

And welcome to Briskoda :D

Edited by karlbar2k

hi there

many thanks for your friendly advice and help

i will get a new sensor just to be safe

i have cleared the code now ,will see if it comes back

i dont think i have a vac or boost leak as my vac on idel is -27psi and i can hold a good 22psi

i have also modded the boost pipe to pan pipe connection and pressure tested to 30psi no leaks :rofl:

it could be some crappy fuel and the weather :( .

but hey thanks for the help and i am looking forward to going to a meet in the north east to see what everyone else has :D

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx