High Pitch 'Whistle' from rear offside light area?

My '57 VRS has started to make a high pitched 'whistling' noise some time after it is parked and locked up, the noise is coming from the offside rear light cluster area???

I've played with the cd changer and that makes no difference and the noise appears to be coming from beneath that area anyway. I've started it up and played with every control and nob on the dash board and nothing affects it but the noise eventually stops after about 3 - 5 mins of driving.

Anyone have any clues or previous experience of this?

Ta.

Is it like a clicking then whistling that stops after about 30secs?

Our 2.0 FSI does this, and I beleive it's normal on the petrols.

It's the 2.0 diesel and not sure how the 'sound' starts. I locked the car and walked away, then when I returned some time later there was the high pitched noise?

It's the 2.0 diesel and not sure how the 'sound' starts. I locked the car and walked away, then when I returned some time later there was the high pitched noise?

egr valve makes this noise after you switch off the engine. Mine tends to whistle for about 20s then clicks off (diesel engine). Comes from the engine compartment, not the offside light area though.

No Def rear offside area and I think I might have sussed out what it may be :thumbup:

I have a removable tow bar fitted and I think it may be the wiring loom for the plug that beeps when the car indicates will pull the boot lining off tomorrow night to try and sort it out as it's now whistling constantly :S

• Love it! 1