windscreen washers

Hi and Happy New Year!

ive a octavia 1.9tdi estate (2001)

after freezing I aint geting any wash from my front windscreen wash only liquid coming out at the back of the drivers front wheel arch. im getting wash out of my back windscreen. has my hoses popped off somewhere and anyone know how easy to locate them and do it my self? ive noticed that the hoses are attached by the nozzles.

many thanks

chris

Edited by chrisski

I would say that your washer tank has cracked due to the extreme temparatures weve had. did you fill it up recently with only water?? or not much screenash to water?? you will need a new bottle if so. I dont think there very expensive from the dealers.

There is a junction in the pipework for the front washers under the o/s end of the scuttle panel - mine popped off last year - what gave it away was the water dribbling out of the rear of the front wheel arches (down the scuttle panel drain). Other than that I am not sure of where the junctions exist for the front pipework.

I keep finding my front jets freeze :-( it was -9.5 as I drove to work from the top of Mendip this morning. Brrr!

There is a junction in the pipework for the front washers under the o/s end of the scuttle panel - mine popped off last year - what gave it away was the water dribbling out of the rear of the front wheel arches (down the scuttle panel drain). Other than that I am not sure of where the junctions exist for the front pipework.

I keep finding my front jets freeze :-( it was -9.5 as I drove to work from the top of Mendip this morning. Brrr!

hi its fixed now the pipe had popped out as above! funnily enough it was my wife that located it! lol she did work in a garage a while back! :rofl:

hi its fixed now the pipe had popped out as above! funnily enough it was my wife that located it! lol she did work in a garage a while back! :rofl:

Yep common problem in cold weather, also when the rear pipe pops off the water ends up in the boot, nice . I am trying not to use the washer jets in this weather.

In this weather give them a quick squirt, if nothing comes out try again 10 mins later, repeat until the fluid appears. This saves the hoses popping off.

Don't sit there holding the arm wondering why nothing is coming out, chances are you'll pop the hose off

HTH