Crail 2010

kotlewski69

Hey I'm just putting the feelers out on a trip to crail sometime this year. I go down 6-7 times a year and i havn't seen alot of brisky members there. I was just wondering if we could set up a stand with the usual Briskoda banners and stuff and get a good display of cars? I think it would be great!

I've not been to crail since August 2008 when i put my Clio 182 down the strip

Considering going a few times this year and putting the Fabia down the strip. The mrs wants to go and her bro in law likes it up their aswell so could make for a good day

I just wanna see what times i can get lol

Gets RR'd in 2 weeks time so will know it's BHP then hopefully get to Crail and down the strip. Least it'll be a bit less of a trek for me as my Mrs stays in Dunfermline now and at hers every weekend so i'm halfway their :)

In my Clio I set off in first. My mates been down the strip loadsa times in his old cars and always set off in first

If you're careful on the take off you'll not spin

The tarmac bone dry gets you the better starts

It'll be hot anyways with the amount of cars that wheelspin before going to the line lol myself included to heat the tyres up. You'll easily go through at least half the tread on you're tyres before you leave depending how many runs and wheel spins you do

I'm gonna make sure i have enough money for tyres so i can do a good amount of runs down the strip. It's great fun and a bit of an adrenaline rush

Off topic slightly, what do you do at sea?

Nothing yet, but...

I'm studying as an Engineer Officer cadet at Glasgow College of Nautical Studies. It's a 3 year course, with 3 college phases and 2 sea phases, at the end of which I'll hopefully qualify as a 4th Engineer in the merchant navy (I'm currently sponsored/employed by Evergreen Marine, large container ship company).

My first sea phase, which will last 2.5/3 months, begins sometime around Easter, and will involve me travelling around the world while living on a great big ship :)

• 2 weeks later...