vRS wheelnuts - how interchangeable with other alloy wheels?

Just a quick one - I have managed to source a set of winter tyres that were actually in stock, and got them all mounted up on some 2001 Audi A3 alloys - very excited! However just occurred to me the wheel nuts from my fabia may not be compatible.

I found a page on the net (can't remember which now) which says some wheels (mainly the hub-centric type) have nuts which have a flat surface against the wheel, and others which are tapered.

Now the vRS wheels even though hub centric still have tapered wheel lugs, but will the be a different taper to the audi's? I imagine if the nut taper is different it could put a big strain on the alloy around the nut hole, and lead to splitting or fractures.

Is this likely to be an issue? Have those who have fitted audi wheels to their skoda used nuts from the audi, or the original skoda ones?

Quick answers needed, I wanna fit my wheels! :D

If they are the same size and the wheel fits the hub, same stud size, it should all be fine

The nut taper does not matter just make sure they are long enough

Edited by Guest

Yeah, nearly always it's fine to re-use the stock bolts when fitting wheels from the VAG range. The only issue is sometimes the bolts need a greater taper angle when using aftermarket wheels. I've had to use some different ones on my team dynamics wheels to be sure they are seated right.

Anyone need any stock fabia bolts? Got 20 odd lying about :D

Fitted! Studs definitly long enough. And just as I tightened the last one up, it started to snow. B)

If i'm not back on the board by tomorrow, someone call the RAC for me. :D

Don't like RAC Will AA do

What tyres have you got then? Sure you'll notice a vast improvement!

Damn right I have! See this thread for report: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/148526-vrs-keeps-getting-stuck/

Just spent another 4 or 5 hours in the snow today, all over the peak district - top fun. :D

They are infinity winter heros, chosen as they were the only ones I could find, rather than good reports. I will google some reviews out of interest I think, just to see how they compare to others.

Ta for the encrouragement to get some!