Petrol filter (in line) Felicia 1.6 2000 model

Any clues as to the position of the petrol filter on the year 2000 Felicia 1.6, have had the car since last summer and done routine service items cam belt, oil and air filter

etc but still not fitted petrol filter.

Happy with the car, a definite improvement on the 1.3 model , the car has ABS and power steering which work well plus the fact that you can pick them up for a reasonable

price and of course the Volkswagon input into this model.

the fuel filter is tucked into the v that is fomed on the leading edge of the rear axle beam, and it's an absolute pig to get to because the fuel tank is in the way

mine isnt any more! :)

i removed it from that stupid location, bridged the pipes with some fuel line and metal inerts, and have put the filter back inline with the IN pipe to the fuel injector rail in the engine compartment. now i can change mine any time i want :)

mine isnt any more! :)

i removed it from that stupid location, bridged the pipes with some fuel line and metal inerts, and have put the filter back inline with the IN pipe to the fuel injector rail in the engine compartment. now i can change mine any time i want :)

you know what :yes:

that's a really good idea, think i might do that on my pickup too, did you use a standard felicia filter or did you use something else? whereabouts did you mount it? i reckon a good place would be on the drivers side chassis leg where the chassis number is stamped becasue there is a hole there already to put a bracket in and it's right next to the fuel rail unions

you know what :yes:

that's a really good idea, think i might do that on my pickup too, did you use a standard felicia filter or did you use something else? whereabouts did you mount it? i reckon a good place would be on the drivers side chassis leg where the chassis number is stamped becasue there is a hole there already to put a bracket in and it's right next to the fuel rail unions

I used the stanbdard felicia filter (since its large and has a long mileage life and fits the pipes correctly). used small jubilee clips to make sure the in/out pipes are tight and i used a massive jubilee clip that fits right around the whole thing and attached it to the suspension crossmember near the windscreen wiper motor :)

its not pretty but it works and is away from any heat source and possible abrasives so is stuill very safe. Did have to use a length of new fuel line from the filter to the injector rail since i had to use what was already there as the feed pipe, but no big deal! :D

I used the stanbdard felicia filter (since its large and has a long mileage life and fits the pipes correctly). used small jubilee clips to make sure the in/out pipes are tight and i used a massive jubilee clip that fits right around the whole thing and attached it to the suspension crossmember near the windscreen wiper motor :)

its not pretty but it works and is away from any heat source and possible abrasives so is stuill very safe. Did have to use a length of new fuel line from the filter to the injector rail since i had to use what was already there as the feed pipe, but no big deal! :D

Thanks out there for a rapid response, will have to wait till snow and weather improves before any work starts, a very good idea to re-site filter to somewhere more

practical for renewal......Thanks....