Where is.....

When i bought my Octavia fecelift, i asked for the Radio bolero plus the Sound system, and for me it just dosen't work.

It's very dificult to manage, and if i'm listening to the radio it won't work, only if i have a Cd playing.

It was said that if i ordered the sound system, i'd lose the compartement under the passenger seat, because of the amplifier that goes there.

The problem is, the sound isn't what i expected to be, the compartment under the seat, is not there, and the amplifier is not there.

My question is, does anyone has this sound system, and if you do did it came with the amplifieer under the passeger seat, and if you did, can you please posta a photo of it, i would be most apreciated.

The went wher i bought it, was conect to the machine, and it was said that it had a digital amplifier, and it is suposed to work only when the car is parked, and the engine isn't runing..... which means if i'm on the road i can't change the way music is playing, they say this is because the driver should lose the attention on the road, but if you want to make a phone call you can, ....... can't really understand this strange ideas.

Thank you

All the best

When i bought my Octavia fecelift, i asked for the Radio bolero plus the Sound system, and for me it just dosen't work.

It's very dificult to manage, and if i'm listening to the radio it won't work, only if i have a Cd playing.

It was said that if i ordered the sound system, i'd lose the compartement under the passenger seat, because of the amplifier that goes there.

The problem is, the sound isn't what i expected to be, the compartment under the seat, is not there, and the amplifier is not there.

My question is, does anyone has this sound system, and if you do did it came with the amplifieer under the passeger seat, and if you did, can you please posta a photo of it, i would be most apreciated.

The went wher i bought it, was conect to the machine, and it was said that it had a digital amplifier, and it is suposed to work only when the car is parked, and the engine isn't runing..... which means if i'm on the road i can't change the way music is playing, they say this is because the driver should lose the attention on the road, but if you want to make a phone call you can, ....... can't really understand this strange ideas.

Thank you

All the best

One way to check is to look up the codes on the decal in the service book, see Here

HTH

Graham

There is a big thread going on in the German board about these problems.

Bolero can be adjusted with the iginition on, but no more if the engine is running.

Seems that Skoda has a problem with the combination Bolero and the newer amplifier of the Sound system.

The Columbus doesnt have any problem, as it is better codeable.

Havent read the thread in the German forum to the end, but what I read sofar is, that they all have these problems. And that Skoda is looking for a solution.

The biggest problem seems to be the new amplifier. As the Yetis also have this problem.

The new amplifier is completely controlled over the CAN BUS. Means even the volume is controlled over the CAN BUS.

Also means, that there is no possibility to use a non Skoda head unit in combination with the newer soundsystem.

Here is a link to the thread:

http://www.octavia-forum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=40315

Edited by magic62

Easiest way to find out if you have the sound system is the midrange speaker located above the bottle holder in the door and in front of the armrest.

The amplifier on the newer cars is totally different from the one used on the pre facelifted Octavias.

Thank you

All the best

I order radio bolero plus the Sound system, and for me it just work perfectly, sound is super, and I still have compartement under the passenger seat. Digital amplifieer is in the radio unit or somewhere in the dashboard. If you have Sound sistem you can not have navigation because there is no room .

Matjaz

Edited by maskoo

Hi Matjaz

What year is your car? There is a difference in amplifiers. The first amplifiers were controlled by the headunit, the later ones are controlled over the CAN BUS. Means that the signal for volume comes over the CAN BUS and not as usual over the head unit by changing the current.

The digital amplifier isnt situated in the radio, it is a separate unit situated below the passenger seat (at least in LHD cars).

That it isnt available with the navigation system isnt true. The Columbus works very well with the new amp because it is already prepared to give the right signals.

The combination that was never sold, is the combination Nexus with sound system. This is because the Nexus doesnt give the CAN signal to operate the older amp. (the older amp was only activated over the CAN BUS, the newer, as said, is totally controlled over the CAN BUS).

Hi Matjaz

What year is your car? There is a difference in amplifiers. The first amplifiers were controlled by the headunit, the later ones are controlled over the CAN BUS. Means that the signal for volume comes over the CAN BUS and not as usual over the head unit by changing the current.

The digital amplifier isnt situated in the radio, it is a separate unit situated below the passenger seat (at least in LHD cars).

That it isnt available with the navigation system isnt true. The Columbus works very well with the new amp because it is already prepared to give the right signals.

The combination that was never sold, is the combination Nexus with sound system. This is because the Nexus doesnt give the CAN signal to operate the older amp. (the older amp was only activated over the CAN BUS, the newer, as said, is totally controlled over the CAN BUS).

Mine is form september 2009, and under the passeger seat, i only got the bluetooth equipment, but there is room for the digital amplifier.

So it means that the amplifier is missing under the passenger seat.....

If someone has this amplifier, can someone please post a photo.....

Easiest way to find out if you have the sound system is the midrange speaker located above the bottle holder in the door and in front of the armrest.

The amplifier on the newer cars is totally different from the one used on the pre facelifted Octavias.

Hi

I can't understand, the original octavia only brings 8 speakers, with the soud system brings 4 more.... which one do you say that stays in front of the armrest..... don't know which is that.....

can you take a photo of that?

Thank you