New 250w Alpine Amp - £30

Rob.

This one -

Silly cheap alpine

This seems to cheap, but it's alpine and it's halfords! But still, £30? Seems so cheap!

Anyone got one, any good? Need some more power in the front to run some Focal Components, Symphony's not really up to it.

Thanks

Rob :)

I bought one....these are end of line reduced from £90.....well worth it! There aren't many left though; I had to drive some distance to find the last one......I know there is one in Bristol (ex display) if anybody wants one! The amp is rated at 50W rms per channel.

B

Just trerated myself to one of these. The last one infact! The chap was running around all over the place trying to find out where it was since i'd said online it showed they had stock. But he was very helpful and by the looks of things it's £30 well spent.

Quick question, I already run a JVC amp in my octavia. Is it adviasble to run a complete new set of cables to this new addition, or could I use the current setup? MY headunit only has one set of preouts, does this limit me to one amp, or is splitting the audio feed acceptable?

Evidently this is the first time I've fitted two amps to one headunit! But i've done a few setups of a single amp before so i'm not completely clueless. In this case though, help is appreciated!

Just trerated myself to one of these. The last one infact! The chap was running around all over the place trying to find out where it was since i'd said online it showed they had stock. But he was very helpful and by the looks of things it's £30 well spent.

Quick question, I already run a JVC amp in my octavia. Is it adviasble to run a complete new set of cables to this new addition, or could I use the current setup? MY headunit only has one set of preouts, does this limit me to one amp, or is splitting the audio feed acceptable?

Evidently this is the first time I've fitted two amps to one headunit! But i've done a few setups of a single amp before so i'm not completely clueless. In this case though, help is appreciated!

You will need to run a seperate power supply and earth (unless you have a huge feed from the battery already). You can split the RCA into two with a Y cable.

I was thinking about this though, would splitting the RCA like that not mean that one amp has only the left hand channel and the other, the right hand chanel since RCA cables cater for a stereo setup? I.E taking one connector and splitting it into two, the two are going to be replicating the same signal.

You split the RCA with Y cables....I used one of these from Maplin - RCA Stackable cable I'm sure you can get better quality but it works fine.

I think that was for the previous post ;)

Although I don't have one as they didn't actually have one in stock despite being able to reserve one online. Lucky actualy as the speakers I wanted to get have been discontinued