Replacement Engine for SKODA OCTAVIA ELEGANCE T 4X4 ESTATE 1781cc (01-07-2001) PETROL

Hello there Briskoda folk!

Like I fool I let my cam belt go!

Anyone know the best place to look? Have tried 1st choice and find an engine so far.

Quotes are coming in from 600 for standard octi engine to between 800- 1200 for a turbo as in the 4x4 model. Warranty is usually only 2 months those one offers 12.

Any advice welcomed

Thanks

Herb

Edited by herbrobert

Be very careful with any 're-con' engine, these are usually just steam cleaned and sold on again - so you may get a good one, you may not.

Many people (wrongly) automatically think of a re-con as a rebuilt engine.

What's the damage to your current engine like? You might be able to save it with a rebuild if you're lucky.

Other than that then I guess get on ebay and look for a 1.8T with the same engine code. Or ring around some scrappies

second hand units seem to be around £1k, OUCH.

Why did the cambelt go mate? Your info might save some others from the same fate?

Have you got piston or bore damage ? Not sure why you need another engine ? If it's just bent valves or damage head / cam, these might be a better option.

Thanks for the tips guys,

Was seriously looking at a reconditioned engine, apparently rebuilt, with 2 year warranty.

Anyone rate these guys?

WWW.ENGEAR.CO.UK

Tiffany's Farm

Burnt Mills Rd

Wickford

Essex

SS12 9JX

Did you follow my link?